Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Question about drying

JayLittle
@jaylittle
7 years ago
3 posts
Hello everyone. I'm only 2 days into my dread journey and have a question about drying my hair. I'm currently using BS washes but intend to switch to the dread shampoo from this site. Is there a specific way I should dry my hair? I've seen so many different opinions but most deal with established locs.Since I'm just starting out is there a way to dry that will promote dreading? Thank you all in advance for your time and patience.
updated by @jaylittle: 04/27/18 04:09:46AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
7 years ago
29,640 posts

yea stop using the bs washes but shake it out and air/drip/sun dry when you can blow dry  gently when you must (lower heat settings)

drying with a towel at times might create knots and seem to help dreading.. but all too often hear people drying their hair 3 months in and in an instant lose 3 months progress

so most find avoiding towels best

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
dread_stpauli
@dread-stpauli
7 years ago
156 posts

After washing i wrap my hair with a microfibre towel for like half an hour and then i let mine airdry. Normal towels can cause lint into

the dreads so i would buy a microfibre towell instead.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
7 years ago
29,640 posts

i used to just wrap the length and squeeze out some  just so i didn't drip all over the house but lost mu microfiber towels 

--
JayLittle
@jaylittle
7 years ago
3 posts
Thank you guys for the replies. I have started shaking them out after the shower then I use a towel to just squeeze the water out then I blow dry on the low cool setting until they are mostly dry then I allow my hair to air dry the rest of the way. Thank you all again.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
7 years ago
29,640 posts

during warmer months i toss mine out the car window on a drive and that works wonders (and gets a few stares haha.. oh and  gives anyone in the back seat with the windows open a proper flogging haha)

--
dread_stpauli
@dread-stpauli
7 years ago
156 posts

Awaseru: I too squeeze out the water with a microfiber towel. In summer I just washed and went outside, can't do that anymore, my head would freeze of.

Yeah, it is winter over here, too and that sucks! I wash only once a week in winter and twice a week during the warm months

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
7 years ago
29,640 posts

supposedly winter but windows wide open thanks climate change

--
JayLittle
@jaylittle
7 years ago
3 posts
It's cold here. Way too cold to just go outside or let the windows down. I'd have icicles instead of dreads lol
Daniel2
@daniel2
6 years ago
62 posts

I usually air dry mine. I do squeeze them to get all that water soaked up. Sometimes when I'm going out I do use a towel to squeeze them. What's this micro towel I hear about though? Is it like the one's you see at walmart or something, or a specific one? 

/ 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form