Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Sections on my scalp...

btw990
@btw990
7 years ago
62 posts
So I have this bald patch on the back of my scalp...it's not exactly a bald patch, but appears like so because of the sectioning. Every now and then I start to think about it, then feel it with the entire palm of my hand, then it starts to eat at me like a thorn in my side. I kept telling myself it would get better over time as my hair grew longer, but I'm not seeing any improvements. I think the sections were made too big on my scalp. The locks up there never really bothered me, I suppose because I have thin hair, but now I'm always thinking about how ridiculous it probably looks from behind. So now I'm thinking maybe I should comb the few on top out and making smaller sections. I've read some posts on here and how eventually new growth and loose hairs will fix that problem, but everything just seems to get sucked right into the already existing locks. I already have experience with combing out, as I combed out my super chunky blunted ends a few months ago both for sanitary reasons and to help get a lot of the wax out I used in the beginning. Lost a lot of hair in the process, but I've been much more comfortable knowing there's only trace amounts of wax and crochet work left. But this patch continues to eat at me...

Picture 1 is the patch I'm referring to. The whorl is at the left, which would be fine if it wasn't for the sectioning next to it. Picture 2 is the top. I'm not so concerned about the patch on top but if I have to comb some out, I assume I will have to combine hair from each of those locks to the ones on the other side of the patch, and maybe to others, etc...I'm not quite sure, but if I have to do that I will figure it out, and obviously male them smaller sections. So what can anyone recommend?

Also is there anything that can thicken up new growth? Hair skin and nails vitamins? Any input is much appreciated.
20171021_190347.jpg
20171021_190347.jpg  •  2.3MB

20171021_190552.jpg
20171021_190552.jpg  •  3.1MB

updated by @btw990: 01/22/20 09:33:16AM
btw990
@btw990
7 years ago
62 posts
I see a lot of breakage at the roots there too, could that be from using shampoo bars directly on my dreads? I try to be gentle, but like I said my hair is pretty thin.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
7 years ago
29,640 posts

geez

yea those are real big and they still seem to have a long way to go to recover from the crochet (they are 1/4 the section sixes) if they did recover they would be real fat

i think, but cant be sure, that the huge sections caused some thinning between them too

each of those could be 4 reasonable sized dreads

and without the crochet pulling it in so tight maybe  there wont be any thin spots showing

i took a look back at your profile just now to see what you used and yea you made a lot of mistakes that have long term consequences  so i would def consider combing out 4 or 5 or more and make each 3 or 4 dreads 

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
btw990
@btw990
7 years ago
62 posts
I thought so. That's all I needed to know, at least I have peace knowing how to proceed now. Should I just take Hair Skin and Nails vitamins or straight Biotin to help it out? I know there's also certain products that help to thicken hair but im not sure about those.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
7 years ago
29,640 posts

yea that will help strengthen it

--

updated by @soaring-eagle: 10/21/17 09:29:09PM
btw990
@btw990
7 years ago
62 posts
I really appreciate your knowledge about all this. I don't know what I'd do if I never came across this site!
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
7 years ago
29,640 posts

how long ago did you start them

--
btw990
@btw990
7 years ago
62 posts
It was two years ago this past August. While we're on the subject, some of them start dreading now pretty close to the root, some an inch and some may be half an inch. When I was landscaping and washing everyday with the Tresemme Purify and Replenish, I had lot of new growth that wasn't dreading, but when I started using Vicki's bars that got better over time. Is it still technically healing though? Like I said I have thin hair but my dreads aren't quite exactly as thick as my sections...I'm almost just thinking of restarting completely...sectioning and TnR but let the rest do the work...
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
7 years ago
29,640 posts

might not be a bad idea cause the sections are pretty bad.. did a salon or loctician do that?

--
btw990
@btw990
7 years ago
62 posts
I actually had two different people work on it. The first one sectioned it, in a symmetrical pattern of course, then used bobby pins to hold it down and told me not to wash my hair too often. Shortly after, had a bit of a falling out with her then went to a friend who I would say is more of a loctician. He didn't change the sections though, just did the dreadheadhq crap to it. When I found your page a few months after that I stopped the whole "maintenance" thing.
 / 4

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form