Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Are those shampoo good?

Diego F.
@diego-f
7 years ago
73 posts

Hello everyone, i'm back. I plan to neglect again, but first i'm taking care of my hair [i need to use antiresidue to get some things that i used on my hair, and i'll start washing with bs/acv and some oils to get rid of some psoriasis that i still have].

I'm planning to buy some shampoo, maybe liquid, maybe bars, and i'm looking into things that i can buy in my country, as there is no way I can afford anything from overseas like Dr. Bronners/Woods or dreadlockshampoo [these were great, but my country is in a big financial crisis, the final value of 2-3 bars of dreadlockshampoo would be more than the food i need to buy for 2-3 months]

So here is some things that i found, i would plan to use them only after some months, and i want to know if the ingredients are ok:

Vegan Solid Shampoo Bar - ingredients: coconut [babuaçu coconut and palm coconut] oil, water, sorbitol, vegetal glycerin, sucrose, ethyl alcohol of agricultural origin , sugar, passion fruit oil, green clay, ying yang essential oil .

Vegan Liquid Shampoo that is said to be without sulfates, and parabens, ideal for low-poo and gentle on the hair and the ingredients are: Aqua, sodium lauryl GLUCOSE (not sulfate),carboxylate (and) lauryl glucoside, decyl glucoside, coco-glucoside (and) glyceryl oleate, cocamidopropyl betaine, xanthan gum, polyquaternium-10, sodium benzoate, citric acid, seven herbs extract for fragrance.

Are these ingredients safe? Maybe the bar i'll use only after i have mature dreads, but do you guys and gals think that is safe to use the liquid shampoo diluted in baby dreads, like, after 3 months of neglect?

Thank you all!

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
7 years ago
29,640 posts

Don't use the bs/acv! my biggest mistake was ever recommending that.. it severely weakens your hair its very harsh

its hard to say for sure the bars sound ok but might be a lil conditioning

the liquid i would google those ingredients see what you fiond (im sick with sinus infection that's got me way too spacy to research each ingredient right now, if i feel better later ill try)

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Diego F.
@diego-f
7 years ago
73 posts

☮ soaring eagle ॐ:

Don't use the bs/acv! my biggest mistake was ever recommending that.. it severely weakens your hair its very harsh

its hard to say for sure the bars sound ok but might be a lil conditioning

the liquid i would google those ingredients see what you fiond (im sick with sinus infection that's got me way too spacy to research each ingredient right now, if i feel better later ill try)

thank you for the response. I'm curious about the liquid shampoo, maybe i'll buy it. I've researched about the ingredients and i was worried about the sodium lauryl glicose [it reminded me of the sulfate] but i found that it is good for the scalp and has nothing to to with SLS.

i wish you luck with your sinus infection, it will get better. Sometimes i have it too, it sucks. Thank you again, my brother.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
7 years ago
29,640 posts

well besides researching if they are toxic you can get an idea oif what each ingredients purpose is , and guesstimate how conditioning they might be etc

--
Diego F.
@diego-f
7 years ago
73 posts

a quick update: i found the contact of a local dreadlock vegan shampoo producer, and he usually sells liquid shampoo for mature dreads. I saw the formula, it looked good, but too moisturizer, and the shampoo has great reviews. I asked the producer if he could make for me a similar formula, but without the ingredients that make the shampoo too emolient/moisturizer, and he said he can, and it is even less expensive than the one he makes for mature dreads. So he'll make for me that shampoo, with teatree, rosemary and peppermint oil and i really hope it will be useful for natural dreads. It will take some weeks until he creates that shampoo, and i'll buy it and i'll do a review here. Before that i plan to wash my hair with the anti-residue shampoo [my hair is heavy, i have been using some creams], and also, i'll start taking biotin, as my hair is breaking a lot, and it worked wonders in the past. 

Anyways, thank you so much SE, i miss this forum a lot, i've learned much here, and also i miss the set of neglect dreads that i've had back in 2013. Soon i'll do a new Member Journal as a timeline for my dreads. 

See ya

updated by @diego-f: 10/13/17 06:44:59PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
7 years ago
29,640 posts

awesome

and yea good to have ya back

--
Dislike 0

Tags