Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

So a "loctitian" created my dreads - backcombing, and then she pulled out the hook....

ColeCamden
@colecamden
7 years ago
7 posts

They were initially incredibly tight, but I've managed to use pure Jojoba to loosen them up. They've turned into thick loops and kinks at the base with about 2 inches loose. Some of the locks are, however, still tight. They aren't interlocked and zero product was used.

What do I do! I hope that if I just keep washing and separating, they'll lock. I've slid dread beads on to help. Will they recover? The first photo is the day they were made. The second photo is four days later. I'm currently on day six.

DAY 5.jpg
DAY 5.jpg  •  81KB

DAY 4.jpg
DAY 4.jpg  •  508KB

DAY 1.jpg
DAY 1.jpg  •  64KB

DAY 6.jpg
DAY 6.jpg  •  84KB

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
7 years ago
29,640 posts

how much did you get charged for that???

well good news is they will recover and be fine,,but how many dreads they look thick and if they were crocheted tight they will get a lot thicker

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
ColeCamden
@colecamden
7 years ago
7 posts

I was charged £120 ... so maybe $156. It took eight hours.

It's so relieving to hear that they'll recover.

I don't mind thick dreads at all, but there's only 21.

I can't say I'm best pleased but I'd like to keep them in if it's at all possible in any way! <3

Blessed be. x

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
7 years ago
29,640 posts

20 is the min recommended you can keep them they will be fine just take a fairly long time to recover

--
ColeCamden
@colecamden
7 years ago
7 posts

Thank you, SE! And I'll look up the site you sent straight away, that sounds great!

I've not been in my chair for long - since I was 19, and I'm 22 now. But it's fantastic to know that you understand and know the struggle it can be.

I'm glad I can keep them - I'm using Dreadlocks Shampoo that my friend has gifted to me and it's really helping it all feel less cramped and tight!

updated by @colecamden: 09/07/17 02:26:33PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
7 years ago
29,640 posts

dreadlockshampoo.com ? yea i was about your age when i wsas injured..i got into freedoms wings exactyly 2 weeks after getting out of the hospitol

what a difference  iit made! where are you from

--
ColeCamden
@colecamden
7 years ago
7 posts

I'm actually from England, but I plan to message Freedom's Wings to see if they have allies in the UK! I'm in the chair due to Chronic Fatigue and Ehlers-Danlos rather than an injury, but I'm looking forward to such an exciting experience.

And yes, that's the site! They gave me the mandarin bar! It's so, so lovely.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
7 years ago
29,640 posts

i haven't even tried the manderine 1 ..hmm  well we had students come from uk get their rating here then go back to uk there are gliders in uk with hand controls you can rent..maybe even get instruction 

we actually hope if we can raise the funds to provide hand controls for hundreds of gliders worldwide

--
ColeCamden
@colecamden
7 years ago
7 posts

:D Wow, that's amazing! Super cool. I need to look more into it!

And yes, the mandarin is beautiful - it's not as "earthy" as the tea tree/patchouli. But the sweet fruit smell is just so cheerful.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
7 years ago
29,640 posts

yum

--
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form