Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

help! Baby dreads thin at roots!!!

lyndavis86@gmail.com
@gypsysoul
7 years ago
4 posts
I've been dreading my hair the natural/ neglect however u want to put it for the past few months and I absolutely love them.However,some seem to be thin near the roots and thick at the ends.ive had a lot of shrinkage and loops and bumps and everything in between. I'm not sure if this will
change or if it will
thicken at the roots or
is it something I need to be concerned about?
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
7 years ago
29,640 posts

roots are typically undreaded at this stage, so seem thinner cause if youpinch them                                               theres not much more then a hairs width between your fingers ..

post some pics but i bet its an illusion caused by the fact the rest is just more dreaded

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
lyndavis86@gmail.com
@gypsysoul
7 years ago
4 posts
Hard to see and hard to take a picture because they are located in the back but here's one
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
7 years ago
29,640 posts

ah its just an itty bitty dread with a ball like end 

i think most of the dread will be kinda thin except the end  when longer.. you don't twist or play with them a lot do u

--
lyndavis86@gmail.com
@gypsysoul
7 years ago
4 posts
No I just seperate when needed most of my hair has shrunk up like that
lyndavis86@gmail.com
@gypsysoul
7 years ago
4 posts
Do I need to be concerned with it eventually breaking off?
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
7 years ago
29,640 posts

i don't think theres a need for concern but can't be certain

i had 1 dread that was 1 mm x 2 mm and that was 3 even tinier dreads combined yet was still 4 feet long before it either disappeared or got sucked  into a dread (or maybe its still there and just haven't found it) 

--
JT
@j-welsh
7 years ago
42 posts

I have had dreads like that too. Just let them go and they will figure themselves out. Ive had ones like that break off and I've had ones like that turn into decent dreads. They will find their way just let em go.

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form