Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Almost 1 month semi-freeforming

Sladewilson
@sladewilson
7 years ago
3 posts

Hi guys, it's been almost 1 month since I started my journey from pretty short hair as you can see. I just wash my hair with Mango and Lime tingle shampoo every 2 days, and dry it by rubbing a towel clockwise around my head for about 10-15 mins. Some pretty solid knots started to form in the front as you can see, they don't unravel despite showering and going pretty harsh on them, so that's good sign I guess ! 

I don't use wax or any other product other than shampoo. I did a deep cleanse (acv + bs) today to remove the few residue that my shampoo left and my hair feels very clean. 

Is it normal that the back of my head has little to no knots atm ? how long will it take for me to have good looking hair (not necesserely mature dreads), I have arab hair (not loose, but not kinky like black people hair). Also can I wear baseball hats from time to time when I have to be "decent looking" ? 

Thank you :)

freeforming.jpg
freeforming.jpg  •  158KB

updated by @sladewilson: 08/18/17 06:10:00AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
7 years ago
29,640 posts

left this as a comment

that mango lime shampoo is absolute crap that contains plastics petroleum products all sorts of nastiness

the rubbing can backfire... for months it can create a messy knottiness then in just minutes wipe out 3 months progress

in fact just drying your hair normally with a towel can wipe out progress

if you got it knotty from rubbing be happy...but then stop... leave it alone to dread and don'[;t mess with it or you can wipe out all the progress you made

but also the back normally dreads 1st

your hairs a bit short to really dread well its going to need months of growth 

you can wear caps but the more you do the slower the progress (or maybe none)

we do not recommend the bs/acv anymore! its way too harsh and long term use can seriously weaken the hair 

theres way better shampoos and deep cleanse options

i'd leave the knots you got alone and let them tighten up.. 

how long till they look like dreads well its a lil hard to guess in your hair because its so short   a year till mature is typical sometimes a good bit more but you'll get comments on your dreads before that ..its going to be awhile though..

id take biotin to speed up the growth

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Sladewilson
@sladewilson
7 years ago
3 posts

☮ soaring eagle ॐ:

left this as a comment

that mango lime shampoo is absolute crap that contains plastics petroleum products all sorts of nastiness

the rubbing can backfire... for months it can create a messy knottiness then in just minutes wipe out 3 months progress

in fact just drying your hair normally with a towel can wipe out progress

if you got it knotty from rubbing be happy...but then stop... leave it alone to dread and don'[;t mess with it or you can wipe out all the progress you made

but also the back normally dreads 1st

your hairs a bit short to really dread well its going to need months of growth 

you can wear caps but the more you do the slower the progress (or maybe none)

we do not recommend the bs/acv anymore! its way too harsh and long term use can seriously weaken the hair 

theres way better shampoos and deep cleanse options

i'd leave the knots you got alone and let them tighten up.. 

how long till they look like dreads well its a lil hard to guess in your hair because its so short   a year till mature is typical sometimes a good bit more but you'll get comments on your dreads before that ..its going to be awhile though..

id take biotin to speed up the growth

thank you for your answer

unfortunately I have no choice but to use the mango and lime shamoo, it's the only one avaible in stores here (I live in France and I can't make orders atm), it can't be that bad can it ?

also what do you mean by too harsh? I heard the acv and bs together balance the ph and allow it to be "handleable" by the hair??

what would you suggest then for a deep cleanse ? my shampoo sure leaves a bit of residue, especially now that you've enumerated the crap it contains haha

also I noticed that my hair is thicker in the front, that's why it knotted first, while the back of my head is a lot thinner (it contains very small bald spots, but I think that's normal )

I'll look into biotin

thank you for you help !

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
7 years ago
29,640 posts

were u braiding  or cornrowing or anything in the past that might cause the bald spots/

well what i would recommend is the charcoal detox  but you say you cant order anything.. baking soda eats away at the skin.. exfoliating by burning off the top layer of skin, acv, over 24 hours will make a chicken bone able to be tied in a knot because its partially dissolved

the 2 (when used separately never mixed) do result in a near balanced ph, oh the hair after use.. but the 2 each are too harsh  individually, and after using it for a few years  i had 8-10 inches fall off dreads pretty close to daily

it was that weak

if you don't have hard water try dr bronners (diluted) 

you might be able to get away with African black soaps too

or soap nuts..

--
Sladewilson
@sladewilson
7 years ago
3 posts

I never did any maintenance or put any product in my hair neither before nor after starting the journey. Would using the bs / acv rinse every 6 months or so still hurt the hair / scalp ? I'm really scared of ending up with residue in my hair and I find the deep cleanse method really "purifying". 

I tried searching for Dr. Bronners shampoo at local stores but couldn't find it anywhere, there's only that one mango and lime shampoo, so I'm really limited choicewise :/

How bad would it be for my dreads-to-be if I keep using that mango and lime shampoo every 2 days and do a deep cleanse every 6 months ? should I space out the washes to once every week to avoid getting too much residue over time?

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
7 years ago
29,640 posts

its not a shampoo its a all purpose soap use drbronners.com store locator it is super concentrated with a specific dilution for everything from floors to toothpaste and facials for a dread shampoo you use 12 times more water then soap...or more 20 is good too

i would never use the mango  lime crap and a clarifying shampoo or the dreadloockshampoo.com detox (special order till its on the site)

clarifying shampoos are pretty toxic too but not as harsh as the bs/acv

--
dread_stpauli
@dread-stpauli
7 years ago
156 posts

Hey! I also live in Europe (Germany) and i buy Dr. Bronner at a Douglas parfume Store in my city. I think they exist in France, too. I have

tried the liquid shampoo first, but it did'nt work too well even in soft/medium hard water. I buy the Dr. Bronners teatree bars for the last 6 or 7 month and they work very fine, no residue left at all.The bars cost around 5 Euro but really last for months (I'm at my second  at the moment).

I hope you will find a dr. bronners dealer where you live!

AlienEmotion
@alienemotion
7 years ago
36 posts

I will just use this topic for a couple of shampoo questions. So what do you think about Dollylocks and Dreads.uk shampoo? I was using Vicki's liquid shampoos and I'm currently at the last bottle. I'm satisfied but can't order more due to high shipping/customs cost to EU, so I'm searching for a good alternative.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
7 years ago
29,640 posts

dollylocks i think sells wax? but let me tell you about dreadsuk

dreadssuk's owner is the biggest scumbag in the dread workd, worse then jonny clean even...by far

ok so i'll go into full details on this dreadsuk (read it all it gets worse and worse)

i 1st heard of him when he posts a video challenging me to a debate on crochet. he claimed that lazydreads was going to be involved too..i wholeheasrtil;y agreed to it  ((i was very sick for 2 weeks however) when i was better i cv\ould not get him to commit to a date yet he kept posting that i was chickening out and kept saying lazydreads was all in

i later talked to lazydreads (who i definitely respect) he told me that he wanted nothing to do with him cause he tried forcing him to shut down his site and turn over all content when lazy refused he said hed just copy all his material and use it anyway

he then spent months harassing him and attacking his character, till lazy had to get legal help

next he was spasmming the hell out of my groups on fb ..i mean overwhelming spam, 4 posts pushing his shampoo for every 1 legit post in very big busy groups (he does that still in other groups)

i blocked him cause we have a zero spam policy,, oh that is when the shit hit the fan

1st let me explain my living situation i live with my sis bro in law and nephews ..im a quadriplegic in a wheelchair ..the basement i have never been in but its my neophews playroom

now dreadsuk creep (Elijah locke) flooded the web not just fb but other sites with claims that i kidnapped a 14 year old and had her captive in the basement

he had others from his site visciously spam then when they were blocked they did the same.. my own brother got a message from 1 of them claiming i kidnapped her sister!!!! 

i looked into defamation and other legal hel;p and was told just to clean up the mess he caused would cost me 50,000 dollars..just to have the lies removed let alone legal fees to sue him or get a cease and desist order

now on his site before it became just an ad the forums were the front page, with 90% of posts being about sex not dreads

one of the sites he posted lies on (thast comes up 1st when you google my name) had real copmplaints about him from his femasle members he would push them for naked photos then try to get them to join him in a poly relationship living on a bus, if they requested he remove the photos hed ban them and refuse to remove them

now his shampopos are toxic chemical crap but even if they were the best in the world this guys toxicv poision and he will go all out to destroy you for interfering with his profits 

while dreadlockshampoo is hand made and she built up her business from scratch his are factory produced he gotr a massive grant 'princess grant" to statty his business so it cost him nothing to open a factory

hes extremely aggressive in his constant spamming ..and abbsollutely viscouse if you ever try to stop the spam

hes evil..pure scum..i have had to file multipole police reports but were no help

i really feel bad for anyone who gets sucked into his site

oh most posts on dreads are click bate 'worlds ugliest dreads' "nastiest dreads" 

very little in thre way of advice except go to this locticiuan or that loctician (he encourages them to join use his proiducts and in exchange get recommendations) 

in fact ui think 'get professional help' is the limit of his ability to advise..

his forums not for helping but hurting, poking fun at others, or trying to destroy reputsations

--
AlienEmotion
@alienemotion
7 years ago
36 posts

☮ soaring eagle ॐ:
dollylocks i think sells wax? but let me tell you about dreadsuk
dreadssuk's owner is the biggest scumbag in the dread workd, worse then jonny clean even...by far
ok so i'll go into full details on this dreadsuk (read it all it gets worse and worse)
i 1st heard of him when he posts a video challenging me to a debate on crochet. he claimed that lazydreads was going to be involved too..i wholeheasrtil;y agreed to it  ((i was very sick for 2 weeks however) when i was better i cv\ould not get him to commit to a date yet he kept posting that i was chickening out and kept saying lazydreads was all in
i later talked to lazydreads (who i definitely respect) he told me that he wanted nothing to do with him cause he tried forcing him to shut down his site and turn over all content when lazy refused he said hed just copy all his material and use it anyway
he then spent months harassing him and attacking his character, till lazy had to get legal help
next he was spasmming the hell out of my groups on fb ..i mean overwhelming spam, 4 posts pushing his shampoo for every 1 legit post in very big busy groups (he does that still in other groups)
i blocked him cause we have a zero spam policy,, oh that is when the shit hit the fan
1st let me explain my living situation i live with my sis bro in law and nephews ..im a quadriplegic in a wheelchair ..the basement i have never been in but its my neophews playroom
now dreadsuk creep (Elijah locke) flooded the web not just fb but other sites with claims that i kidnapped a 14 year old and had her captive in the basement
he had others from his site visciously spam then when they were blocked they did the same.. my own brother got a message from 1 of them claiming i kidnapped her sister!!!! 
i looked into defamation and other legal hel;p and was told just to clean up the mess he caused would cost me 50,000 dollars..just to have the lies removed let alone legal fees to sue him or get a cease and desist order
now on his site before it became just an ad the forums were the front page, with 90% of posts being about sex not dreads
one of the sites he posted lies on (thast comes up 1st when you google my name) had real copmplaints about him from his femasle members he would push them for naked photos then try to get them to join him in a poly relationship living on a bus, if they requested he remove the photos hed ban them and refuse to remove them
now his shampopos are toxic chemical crap but even if they were the best in the world this guys toxicv poision and he will go all out to destroy you for interfering with his profits 
while dreadlockshampoo is hand made and she built up her business from scratch his are factory produced he gotr a massive grant 'princess grant" to statty his business so it cost him nothing to open a factory
hes extremely aggressive in his constant spamming ..and abbsollutely viscouse if you ever try to stop the spam

hes evil..pure scum..i have had to file multipole police reports but were no help
i really feel bad for anyone who gets sucked into his site
oh most posts on dreads are click bate 'worlds ugliest dreads' "nastiest dreads" 
very little in thre way of advice except go to this locticiuan or that loctician (he encourages them to join use his proiducts and in exchange get recommendations) 
in fact ui think 'get professional help' is the limit of his ability to advise..
his forums not for helping but hurting, poking fun at others, or trying to destroy reputsations

That sounds so horrible I even find it hard to believe that someone could truly be such a scumbag of a person. I'm not saying that I don't believe you though, I've already ordered a bottle of their shampoo and if what you're saying is indeed true I already feel bad about ordering it.
Could you please provide me with some links to all that drama? I find it rather fascinating and I'd like to look up into it a bit more if possible. We definitely need to stand up against such atrocius bussines practices and behaviour in general/do everything in our power as a community to prevent it.

updated by @alienemotion: 08/25/17 06:33:58AM
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form