Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums
Irie
@irie
7 years ago
41 posts

Ran out of Vickis a few days ago and way too broke to buy more.
I could buy one right now but i would rather wait till I can fill an entire box.
3 bottles lasted me almost a full year; granted the last 2 months i was using it FAR less than normal.

The last time I washed my hair I had less than I would normally use so I put it into a bucket and filled with water so I wouldnt waste even the smallest amount.
My hair was filthy apparently because when I was done and stuck my hand into the bucket I couldnt see my hand under like 2-3 inches of water.(thats aside from the point though)

What can I do to clean my hair until I can afford to buy some more?

updated by @irie: 08/18/17 02:15:26AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
7 years ago
29,639 posts

are you overseas? if not  then why not just order 1 or 2 instead of filling a box

if you are overseas then the options depend on your water (bronners is a great option available everywhere, but not good t0o use in hard water) (if you do have hard water filtered or distilled water can be used for rinsing)

if you have hard water what you can use depends on whatsd available nearby

oh soap nuts can be used too

ps if your a year in you maybe able to switch from vickis liquid to bars

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Irie
@irie
7 years ago
41 posts

I am actually located in California so I am not over seas.
I would just rather order as much as I can at once to negate as much shipping as I can, seems wasteful to buy say 2 now and 2 later and pay 2x the shipping.
And I am really broke anyways, in between jobs and living on near nothing at the moment.

I am over a year now, its been 1 year 1 month and some change, I want to post some pictures soon.
I was actually thinking about the bars also but I wasnt sure I am far enough along.
Some of it did a good job locking up, on the other hand there is still a good amount that hasnt locked up.
The parts that havnt locked up seem to be in the exact same spots on each side of my head, and its cute how a lot of the dreads made themselves in a for lack of better words pattern?
More than a handful of the ones that have started forming well are on the exact same spot on the opposite side of my head, almost as if someone did it intentionally, but I didnt obviously lol.

The last few times I used the liquid I had a really hard time getting it to bubble up, I always had a little issues but last 5-10 times I used it I couldnt get any bubbles without being WAYYY excessive.
How would I go about using the bars if thats what I buy?

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
7 years ago
29,639 posts

well it bubbles up when its clean and doesn't need to bubble up

its the toxic crap that makes most shampoos have "rich lather' but they don't need to lather

you said you have  been washing less and its been dirtier  a second wash would get a rich lather because its cleaner

with the bars just rub on scalp a bit then massage it in with fingertips

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
7 years ago
29,639 posts

and if you are broke just get 1 now and get a years supply when you can

at least it will get you through the rough spots

--
Dislike 0