Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Too tight roots

Jools
@jools
7 years ago
3 posts
HI, I just a question if you can help me. I have had my dreads for 4 years and they are waist long. I had my locs maintained last Wednesday, it was a year sine my last maintainence. My problem is I think she has done them too tight. My head ached for days after and although they don't hurt now- 6 days later my head is so itchy. I don't know what it means. And how long before my lovely dreads don't look like I have just come back from a trip to Bali! Cheers Julie
updated by @jools: 01/22/20 09:33:16AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
7 years ago
29,640 posts

well you should never have crocheted at all crochet makes them too tight..period

they don't need maintenance especially nit from salons

but are you sure they weren't also interlocked/ (dread pulled through the oots0

all these places that do maintenance love to make them extremely tight and painful

luckily you don't need to do any of that

a light conditioning with aloe (pure) jojoba or argon oil will help loosen them up

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Jools
@jools
7 years ago
3 posts
Thanks. Pretty sure it was just a crochet hook. But I have learnt my lesson, never again. Do I just apply the oil To my scalp- the itchy part- and to dry hair. I hate wetting my hair in the winter as it takes ages for the dreads to dry out.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
7 years ago
29,640 posts

well even in winter you should wash at least weekly but use a blow dryer

i would add a lil oil to a jug of water stir and pour over head wait 3 minutes or so then partially rinse (a quick spray to spread the oil hrough and rinse out excess but still leave a lil in to continue conditioning

the entire dreads too tight but you can also apply it straight (without water0 to the scalp

your  in the southern hemisphere?

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Jools
@jools
7 years ago
3 posts
Yep, I am in Australia.
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form