Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

In desperate need of the right shampoo

Rai78
@rai78
7 years ago
1 posts

Six months ago I decided to start my dread journey by basically leaving my hair to do its own thing.  I have thick, curly very, very, very dry hair so it started to dread pretty quickly.  I now have a mass of baby dreads of varying thickness and shape, which I love.  However the dryness is a constant problem, I could wash the dishes and use my dreads as a brillo pad!  I’ve been using the shampoo and conditioner I used pre-dread which is no silicones, no parabens and no sulphates and I followed a lowpoo method for my curls before.  There appears to be no build up but as I’m needing to shampoo my hair more than I used to I need a tonne of conditioner and my hair is still as dry as the desert with a halo and a mass of fly away bits. 

So basically my question is what shampoo should I use that will help my dreads form and reduce the dryness?  Is there anything else I can be doing to alleviate the dryness which is very minimal effort (as the reason I’ve decided to have dreads is to reduce the amount of time I need to spend on my hair). I'm in the UK so if you can please recommend products I can purchase for delivery over here.  Cheers.

updated by @rai78: 04/12/17 12:21:25PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
7 years ago
29,640 posts

www.dreadlockshampoo.com  I'd recommend most though they are made here (hand made by a member of the site)

the bars not liquid

theres a great dread shampoo too but takes some rinsing she made me a leave in conditioner  that may get on the site eventualy

if u need more then the bars and conditioner (shipping's flat rate u van get several at once b4 shipping goes up) then a mix of any of these might be worth trying

pure aloe from the plant...or if bottled 1 and only 1 ingredient..aloe

jojoba oil

argon oil

morocan oil

coconut oil

listed in order of what id ty or add to mix

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form