Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

From Long Beach and still no dreads

AmordeAbba
@amordeabba
7 years ago
1 posts

Hi everyone. I am Julz. I just joined and found this site from you tube. Had no idea it even existed! 

Anyway. I have been thinking about getting dreadlocks for a few years now but my mind is always changing. I think I wanted them for the wrong reasons. After a lot of self reflection and so on..I think I need to just go on and do it. I have been looking for someone to do them for me. I am not wanting to do them myself. So I finally found someone in Venice beach that has amazing work and I felt a great connection compared to what I was finding here in Long Beach. So, I am excited and cannot wait to start my journey! My hair has always been something that I use to express myself. It was down to my tailbone but when my kids and I were homeless I cut if all off to shoulder length. Still not happy with it. I just need to stop thinking so much and make the commitment already because I love them so much, and cannot stop thinking about them. I dedicated my hair to God when I got saved and it's something that means a lot to me. All the abuse I have done to myself and my hair before I became Christian...really made me do self reflection. I am learning to love myself the way I should and not accept or allow abuse in my life anymore. So it will be a new journey for me, in many ways. <3

--
Julz

John 4:23
But the hour is coming, and is now here, when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth, for the Father is seeking such people to worship him.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
7 years ago
29,640 posts

going to anyone to "get them done" is just further abuse of your hair.

now you say your a christian and devoted your hair to god?

read up on the nazarite vow

joseph samson, johm the Baptist and yes jesus were nazarites

the diference being some were born nazarites (as in jesus) others became nazarites by vow

those who took the vow were commite for 100 days..minimum but could  let go of the vow after.

those born nazarites generally  practiced all the tennets of the vow for life

this is how you get dreads that mean something and aren't just expensive  immitations

let them start not in a salon but in your soul

do not let  metal whether comb nor blade touch your hair. ..this is the exact opposite of the salon way.

simply stop combing stop cutting.. this is the way its done in every religion and every spiritual practice.

the nazarite vow covers other aspects of life besides hair,  its a pure devotion to god so they refrain from eating anything like meat, or fish, and any fruit of the vine (fermented or not)

rastarfarians, whos belief are based on the bible as well take it a step further and do not injest any chemicals or even cook in pots that leak chemicals into the food (like aluminum) and are purest  when it comes to the body must remain whole ..even if refusing to amputate a toe results in death.

all dreadlocks are a spiritual journey

none more so then those started naturally

none less so ten those paid for and started by force in a salon.

in the end all usually affect you spiritually and you will have profound regrets that you did not start them the natural way

please read all you can here and do not make the salon mistake!

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Raven's Light
@ravens-light
7 years ago
346 posts

Speaking as someone who made the salon mistake, I agree with soaring eagle. If you want them t form quicker I would think the twist and rip method would be the least damaging. I know for me I wish I had gone totally natural from the start, and that is something I do regret not doing, as to force your hair to dread can really be physically painful. I used to interlock my dreads, that REALLY hurts and is a REALLY bad idea, so is crocheting them. 

I had heard somewhere that the Nazarites, plait their hair and then just leave it to develop. If I am mistaken on this, then someone please correct it. 

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form