Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Question about my dreads

georgiared
@georgiared
7 years ago
7 posts

Just started week 4, I palm roll every day but I wonder should i be doing anything for my roots? I just worry that they will come unknotted when I wash my dreads, I washed them last night and alot of the roots on the front of my head feel soft, are they still knotted?

3_little_birds2316
@carolbrennan
7 years ago
60 posts

You can definitely expect that there will be some loosening of the "dread" especially at the root in the early days and months of dreading.  Especially if you have a thin or fine/straight hair type.  Many of mine fell out completely only to form naturally.  Your hair will always be evolving and tightening and then loosining as they grow out, it is just part of it.

I would not palm roll daily as it can undo progress or be more harmful to your hair.   

I just suggest using a good dreadlock shampoo and enjoying the ride.

Good luck!

--
Livin' wild and free in NC

Follow my dreadlock journey on instagram: @3_little_birds2316
georgiared
@georgiared
7 years ago
7 posts

Thank you!!!

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
7 years ago
29,640 posts

i would stop palm rolling entirely, don't worry about what they do day to day...or at all  except to keep them separated,

you never had to start them. they would have started themselves

when you do start them, they tend to go backwards before forwards..loosening so they can knot again

backcombed hair isn't dreaded hair (neither is tnr but pretty sure you backcombed) just like braids aren't dreads but when left aloe long enough to cease being braids they will become dreads.

just leave em be give them time  your hair will dread no matter what you do but dreads best, and healthiest when you do nothing but wash

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
georgiared
@georgiared
7 years ago
7 posts

Thanks as usual for the great advice, much appreciated.

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form