Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Question about Dr. Bronners

Raven's Light
@ravens-light
7 years ago
346 posts

Preface: I had posted this question in the forum section about dread products, but I decided to delete that entry and post it here since it seems like this section makes more sense, if not let me know.

I have a question that relates to dr. bronners, which is better the liquid or the bar? I mean I found a place to buy both the bar and the liquid. (My work sells them), I know the liquid might last longer, but I'm wondering if the bars may actually end up being a more worthwhile buy, the liquid or the bar? I know some of you have used both the bars and the liquid so I would love some input as to which one is better in terms of residue and rinsing out and any other impressions you have about it. I'm just looking to get opinions and or information, so I'll know for my next time which is better to buy.

I also have an additional question: would it be better to go with a shampoo like dr bronners or to use something like the tea tree shampoo from Trader Joe's? Cause I have access to both shampoos, but I'm just wondering would it be better to dilute that one too or just use it straight? (I am wondering if it would actually end up being cheaper to go with dr bronners over this shampoo, since in either form you of have  to stretch dr bronners to even work with it). 

Thanks in advance!

updated by @ravens-light: 01/11/17 11:21:06PM
dread_stpauli
@dread-stpauli
7 years ago
156 posts

I have used both, the liquid in the beginning of my journey (1st 2 month) and the bars right now. The liquid only works in soft water! If you have a different water type like in my case it leaves residue and the hair feels  oily and sticky after a few washes. The bars don't relate to the water type, so that is way better. I use the teatree bars and i must say they last forever and i am very happy how this soap cleans my dreads. I have tested around a lot in the phase where the bronners liquid did'nt work out, but now i stick to the bars and i am happy.

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form