Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
8 years ago
29,640 posts

no matter how tight you get the roots on day 1 by week 3 you will have 3 inches loose

they are perfectly fine just leave them be your shampoo will arrive soon when you start washing right they will start dreading right

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
8 years ago
29,640 posts

people are willing to go bald to force tighten the roots to an extreme cause they worry about them loosening up

they will be loose generally the 1st 8 months or so

everything people suggest for tightening roots should be avoided except maybe beads or sea salt

--
3_little_birds2316
@carolbrennan
8 years ago
60 posts

Loose roots can be super frustrating for sure.  My hair is pretty silky and fine so I have had my fair share of dreads loosening or falling out completely.  I am now 8 months.

I have some dreads with 4 inches of root still and some that are about 1/2 inch of undreaded.  It all evens itself out I suppose! For now I just am like, well it gives me a little length since most of mine have gone through some extreme shrinkage.

I'm hoping by my 1 year mark they will all be within 1-2 inches of loose hair.

--
Livin' wild and free in NC

Follow my dreadlock journey on instagram: @3_little_birds2316
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
8 years ago
29,640 posts

just let them do their thing

hey women raised in caves by wolves are a weakness of mine!

come on..really women raised in houses by overbearing parents and taught proper etiquette ..how boring is that

i actually knew a guy raised in a cave by wolves 1 of the most interesting people i knew

--
3_little_birds2316
@carolbrennan
8 years ago
60 posts

After trying to twist and rip and a few other strategies and having them fall out I finally left them to do their own thing.  It takes time and a lot of patience but as your other dreads tighten up it seems to give them more room to do what they need to.  I have dreads in all stages of maturity, from straight, babies to maturing shrunk locks.

--
Livin' wild and free in NC

Follow my dreadlock journey on instagram: @3_little_birds2316
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
8 years ago
29,640 posts

you know even when bob marley drove a solid gold rolls royce (which he left unlocked with the keys in the ignition..in the ghetto) he still slept on the ground with a rock for a pillow

never had a wolf but had a fox and i loved being licked clean and covered in fox slobber

heres another thing you should know

go out into the wilderness smelling like "good hygiene" and every bug  in 10 miles will race to you for a bite

cover yourself in dust, ash, and the smell of the fire (some mud on the existing bites stops the itch too) and you won't get bit again

modern hygiene also evolved to a germophobic level so all our soaps kill 99% of germs.. meaning our immune system no longer has to

then we get aids.. we get a situation where a toad gets the sniffles and it threatens to wipe out millions

modern hyeine practices have made us the weakest species on the planet, unable to drink the water without filtering out bacteria, every cut and scrape  if untreated could lead to a loss of a limb

theres a group of people in remote areas of..i want to say Russia but don't think that's right. they live on a 99% veg diet, walk 20-25 miles a day just to harvest their food they never heard of soap.. have never had a single case of cancer, don't even have a word for disease, they never get sick

they live to 160 years old ..on average and aren't even considered an adult till 50 they look young well beyond 80..

maybe it was Pakistan not Russia but the "kids' look like teens at 30 they look 20 at 50  40 at 80 and 80 at 150+

so let those wolves lick ya, sleep on a cave floor ..you will probably live a lot longer be a lot healthier and enjoy your life a lot more

ps i'm a caveless caveman only because i can't afford a cave.. i would love to live in a cave with wolves foxes a big ol cuddly bear to keep me warm an owl and a hawk ..i'd love a few hundred bats as long as they don't shit where i sleep

yea i draw the line at that..

--
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form