Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

2 Yr 8 Mo progress! Mostly neglect, some twist n' rip

Levi Caribou
@levi-caribou
8 years ago
6 posts

Hello! I first posted here close to three years ago about starting a neglect method from relatively short hair. I've lost photos from that time, although my profile picture on here can give an idea from where I started!

The first year and a half was completely neglect method, however I began to get a bit impatient. About 1/3 of my dreads are completely neglect and they are the noticibly stronger, bigger, and dreadry dreads. Still I had a friend make some twist in rips which really helped speed up the process. I haven't done anything with them sense. Most of the twist and rip went away, however it made some pretty good "dread seeds" which have taken nicely to the process. I think it'll be two to three more years before my dreads are mature...as for now, a lot of them are big ol' flat guys with many loops and swirling knots. I seperate congos every once in a while, when I fear the dreads will be too big...but otherwise I have a lot that are growing together happily. I also still have a lot of loose hair, but Im very satisified with how things are growing.

I try to wash my hair with baking soda and essential oils (tea trea, eukaliptus, mint) at least once 1-2 months in hot water for ~30 minutes with an apple cider rinse every 3 months or so. I also try to wash my hair once a week with a bar soap safe for dreads *no sulphate or perfumes* and wash my hair with only water about twice a week. I've never had a problem with bugs, lice, oder, or fungi!

I've had two jobs, attend college (with scholarships), and have quite the messy mop! However, I love my hair and I always get completes on its original look, especially when I'm dancing. I don't comprimise my hair for work or anything, I just look else where. If it's a concern for you, understand there are still many ways to make you hair look neet and profensional, even when you have a ton of fuzzies stickying out! Aloevera is a good place to start. Nonetheless, I've also been out right rejected from certain people, clubs, and events. For some people, it seems unhygenic to have hair like I do (and more over sometimes people just dont mix). But that's just fine, it's my choice, and there are still many people and places ready to accept a dready friend!

I encourage everyone interested in dreads to go the neglect method! They're my best dreads! I'll try and get some betetr photos so you can see the full scope of my dreadbabies, but here's an idea:

IMAG0633.jpg
IMAG0633.jpg  •  437KB

updated by @levi-caribou: 07/20/16 07:23:30PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
8 years ago
29,640 posts

i like them they look very you

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Dislike 0

Tags