Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

8 months of neglect

acidburn
@acidburn
8 years ago
96 posts

here is a picture of my hair after 8 months of neglecting 2 months of using dreadlock liquid shampoo and sea salt spray. Here is what i do i wash every 3rd day.. spray my hair daily with vickis sea salt spray.. always wear my hair down im outside in the wind alot.. i drip dry my hair i dont use a towel..

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
8 years ago
29,640 posts

called vicki left a message for her to try to consult with you (shes got alot going on now, she runs a special performers group for mentally challenged kids and i think tonights their big annual event their prom) if nothing else ill tslk to her mondasy when we order the new server for the site

so be patient she will get back to u

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
acidburn
@acidburn
8 years ago
96 posts

Thanks alot! also id like to post this out there cause u said the section was too big but i think its cause it was on the crown of my head so the hair flares 2 different ways but if i get it a twist u can see the actuall size of the section.. thats the same dread in the pic btw it just flares cause its on the circle of my crown

acidburn
@acidburn
8 years ago
96 posts

also here is the wifes dreads hers are a month younger we started the same way washed the same etc 

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
8 years ago
29,640 posts

hers are amazing but u have 2 very diferent hairtypes

that dreads thick..but not huge

you know the 1 and only diagnostic question i neglected to ask in chat was sleeping habits  wich can affect dreading  sometimes switching sides of the bed with your wife can  help the areas not dreading to dread..ofcourse the oiliness is a big big factor still

but little things like how you sleep can make a difference

--
acidburn
@acidburn
8 years ago
96 posts

Good question, I actually rotate ends of the bed weekly so im sleeping on a different side each week, as for what i sleep on iv tried a non covered pillow, a cotton pillow case, a poly cotton blend.. a poly only.. and a wool pillow case. all do the same thing lol

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
8 years ago
29,640 posts

in that case its no big mystery that the oiliness is the 1 and only real concern

1 thing you can try wich id give it at least 1 try

wash with hot (i know usually recommend cold)  washing the scalp real well then finish with a mind numbing cold rinse ..cold as you can handle for as long as you can handle

the idea is to open those pores up clean them out well then  seal them up tight with the freezing cold so they wont pump out oils like crazy

you can make a tea out of thyme..fairly strong to spray on the scalp and leave on (smelling somewhat like a pizza) thyme supposedly helps regulate oil production...but wont happen overnight  you might have to do this  for weeks to see results the cold  i hope you will see improvement right away

--
acidburn
@acidburn
8 years ago
96 posts

Yup thats exactly how i wash however i never thought it would help with the oil, I was doing it with the intentions that hot water swells the hair(opens the cuticles) then rinse with cold water (close the cutitles) making those natural sections "Grab" each other.. thanks for the help again ill give the thyme a shot, so i just buy thyme leaves and make a tea? my last resort will be to twist and rip if by 1 year i dont see some neglect dreads starting or at least sectioning.. i really want them to be natural but mabey its not for my hair type.

acidburn
@acidburn
8 years ago
96 posts

So i just wrapped my wool pillow case with a poly cotton sheet, it must be giving a static discharge cause its making my hair super frizzy.. ill see tomorrow if this was a bad or good idea..

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
8 years ago
29,640 posts

vicki was thinking of selling a microfiber pillowcase  cause she used 1 and it really helped a lot

but yea the cuticles and pores react the same way to temperatures

--
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form