Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Dreads changing colour

morgan edwards
@morgan-edwards
9 years ago
4 posts

So i moved Canada Ottawa for school and recently it has gotten quite cold here. normally I wash my hair once a week, that is how I normally wash my hair in the summer. I have only had my dreads for a little over a year so this is my first real winter with them as last year my hair was fairly short(closer to my scalp, I had a dread fro, but now [today]some dreads touch my glasses.) As I live on residence at the school I go too and buy food there as well i often see the same cashier over the weeks. this week the cashier asked if i dyed my hair, i told her no. I looked in the mirror and noticed its a much lighter brown then normal. I dont think this from the sun as it is much colder out and am having a hard time figuring out wht it could be. Is my hair becoming too dry? I only wash with shampoo and I dont put in anything after. I use pantene pro-v deep cleanse weekly with Mosa Mint oil. I always blow dry my hair after as well. Is it my diet, because I haven't been eating as much vegitables as normal, or food in general for that matter? any help will be greatly appreciated. 

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
9 years ago
29,640 posts

`

it might be food related but its more likely residue from improper shampoo

what your going to want to do is get a proper dread shampoo www.dreadlockshampoo.com is best ..bars not liquid for your hair type

if you dont see the  color shifting back to normal after 2-4 washes you might want to use something to remove residues suave and nutragena both make an anti residue or clarifying shampoo made to strip residues, but they are harsh toxix and meant only to remove residues\, not use as a dread shampoo alternate

(they are safe to use a few times a year if u detect buildup)

did you ever use wax even once

it could also be over dry african hair tend to be very dry and the pro v although has some good vitamins and proteins has alot of bad chemicals too that can be drying it out

so id switch to a dread shampoo right away since you should have used 1 from the start and id consider a residue removal

a vinager rinse  might get some out but if its changing the color id  go straight for the strong stuff use it once and out it away in case you ever need it again

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
morgan edwards
@morgan-edwards
9 years ago
4 posts

@soraring-eagle. I have never used wax as I have free form dreads. i do have african hair and I just read somewhere that if my hair gets realy dry it will turn brown I also recently have been getting an itchy head and dandruff so thats probably it. The shampoo that I have been using the pantene shampoo is a cleansing shampoo...I have been using it all year without consequence untill now... i dint think about there being harsh cemicals in it. Il definatly change my shampoos now. Thanks i think il give the bar soaps a try. 

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
9 years ago
29,640 posts

besides the harsh chemicals it  does leave residues i would  in that case swirtch holdoff on the residue remover just use the dread shampoo and  add a lil jojoba or argon  or something to a ri=nse or spray after something to add moisture back

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form