Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Head gets oily after not touching hair?

zetofox
@zetofox
9 years ago
4 posts
So whenever I try and let my hair dread, I always stop after a couple weeks because if I don't move around my hair, my forehead and face get oily. Is that a common occurrence? Any tips?
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
9 years ago
29,640 posts

are you washing your hair/ with what?

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
9 years ago
29,640 posts

are you washing your hair?  with what and how often

--
zetofox
@zetofox
9 years ago
4 posts

I usually wash every couple of days with a dandruff shampoo and conditioner. I have bought a dreadlock shampoo bar from your store that should arrive today, and the last time I washed was about a day or two ago. I haven't touched my hair at all and my forehead is so much more oily then normal 

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
9 years ago
29,640 posts

u should have gotten the liquid not bar, dandruff shampoo is toxic, an d mostly cionditioners, then yoir adding conditioners

to combat piliness washg with baking soda ..only  1 part baking soda 10 parts water in a couple weeks u will be less oily cause u will be lewess acidic  then use the liquid dreadlocjshasmooo

--
zetofox
@zetofox
9 years ago
4 posts

The problem with baking soda ac wash is that I've tried it multiple times before, and with the hard water here it irritates my scalp and just leaves residue. No matter how many times I try it never works and it doesn't clean my scalp, just makes my dandruff worse 

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
9 years ago
29,640 posts

your mixing it wrong  the wrong ratios and it wont work

but the dreadlockshampoo liquids healthier

the liquid will make the hair dry though and make it knot like crazy

though another inch in length will help alot

do u have a photo of the back

--
NaturalDreads01
@naturaldreads01
9 years ago
170 posts

Diet also plays a certain role in this.  And sometimes genetics.  

The biggest things I know that seemed to always make me more oily were animal products.. Excessive sodium intake.. and granulated Sugar..

I'm not saying you are personally consuming these things.. However, it may be worth paying attention to how much of these things you are consuming, and try and experiment.  See how your body reacts to certain foods.

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form