Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Any suggestions for methods on extensions and/or volume..

☮Izzy-licious☮
@izzy-licious
14 years ago
183 posts
Hey all, I want to add a little length to my dreads and or more volume. I only have about 30 dreads and they look a little scrawny... I was wondering if there was any methods you would recommend for they types of extensions and methods for securing them. The volume one is the one I need the most help with. Any info you all could share would be greatly appreciated..

Namatse`

updated by @izzy-licious: 01/13/15 08:31:14PM
Angelmoth
@angelmoth
14 years ago
10 posts
hello Izzy-licious!as far as i know, the only way to add volume to dreads is to wait and let them fatten up. how long have you being dreading? i've had mine for about 3 months and they have def gotten fatter in the last month or so. as for lenght, any loctician will be able to give you extensions. but just be sure to ask them how they're going to do it, so that they dont mess your hair up. maybe you could go with temporary extensions, that you can remove once your hair has grown a bit?good luck and dont worry too much, you look fantastic!
Spider Feet
@spider-feet
14 years ago
458 posts
At 6 months they probably aren't even fully done shrinking(I said probably). As they grow they should get close to the size of the section of each dread.
Kris D.
@kris-d
14 years ago
21 posts
After I brushed my real dreads out, I went and made synthetic temporary dreads that I could braid in. Damn them for being too short now!Do you think it would be a good idea to post my method up so people can give dreads a "test-run" before making the leap, or is that like cheating?
☮Izzy-licious☮
@izzy-licious
14 years ago
183 posts
I actually did just that. I didn't make my own but I bought some online and braided them in. They were really long and the coolest ever. I already knew I wanted them and this just cemented it. Then when I dyeds my hair from the red and black. To my natural blonde I decided to go for it and dread. Made the mistake of using wax the first time around but thanks to SE and this amazing site here I am wax free and 7 month old dreadies! Ilm over due for a new picture but I just moved and have no internet so I am stuck using just my phone for internet. I say post it this may be the thing someone needs to really go for real dreads
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form