Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums
Albert
@albert
14 years ago
25 posts
So what are the most frequent questions/comments that you have heard in regards to your locks, whether they be positive or negative?
updated by @albert: 01/13/15 08:31:14PM
Albert
@albert
14 years ago
25 posts
Oh I forgot to add this: and how do respond to the questions/comments?
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
the other day a trucker asked me how much time a day i spend maintaining them, i said none i just wash and tats it, ten e says "i mean how long does it take to re-braid them every day"then i had to explain what dreads were how to get em and all thatoh but most frequient questions gotta be is that all your real hairofcourse only way to respond is "ofcourse" i mean who elses hair would it be?

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Albert
@albert
14 years ago
25 posts
wow i dont understand how some people confuse dreadlocks with braids lol. soaringeagle said:
the other day a trucker asked me how much time a day i spend maintaining them, i said none i just wash and tats it, ten e says "i mean how long does it take to re-braid them every day"
then i had to explain what dreads were how to get em and all that
oh but most frequient questions gotta be is that all your real hair
ofcourse only way to respond is "ofcourse" i mean who elses hair would it be?
Ryan Emmel
@ryan-emmel
14 years ago
85 posts
I've gotten "is that your natural hair?" I don't know if they meant am I wearing extensions, or did I do something to make my hair like this. I generally don't have time to figure out what answer they want, so mostly I say yes, it's my natural hair.Another one is "Do you wash it?" Sometimes this comes as a statement of fact, because everyone knows that "you can't wash dreadlocks." I like to tell people that my hair is probably cleaner than theirs, because I don't have chemical residue from synthetic shampoo.And here's what my brother asked when he first saw. "What the freak?" He's a US Marine. He was being nice.
Iain
@iain
14 years ago
844 posts
^yeah that's the most frustrating encountersmost the time people just don't know a thing,when people say did you do it to be cool/noticed i say no, I know dreadlocks invite criticism/judgement, but it's purpose isn't for vanity, I just love dreadlocks an they have become part of who I am,other than that, lately I've been getting alot of "so....how long?" (have i had them)
D!
@d
14 years ago
44 posts
A lot of people tell me I have really nice dreads but then say something like; too bad you can't wash them... Then I have to explain that dreads are as clean or cleaner than "normal" hair. I've also found that a lot of people think my hair is braided or that I had to have braided it and left the braids in until they,"turned into locks". When my hair wasn't locked up a lot of people thought my curls were dreadlocks, just goes to show how clueless some people are about dreads.
Emily
@emily
14 years ago
203 posts
people ask me can i wash them, how long does it take to do that everyday, and so on. i hate that but i explain it all to them anyway. some people are really polite and actually want to learn about them though, i like those people.
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form