Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Introducement and needing opinions/Help

JahYouther
@jahyouther
9 years ago
12 posts

Short presentation, I'm Rickard and glad to be here. (Bigup to Soaring Eagle)

This is probably the wrong section to post this kind of things, I'm doing neglect method and I know It's important to be patient, but I feel so unknowledged about everything regarding to neglect method, I've read several of guides and such but still I feel ignorant so I gotta ask you guys here.

I'm pretty much near 3 months in, started a little bit with t&r like 1 week and stopped after that just to encourage myself that I might have dreads some day, I want your most proffessional opinion on how far I've gone and what I have to face in the future and how to "maintain" the things i've gotten so far, I only wash my hair with green soap(liquid)(little perfume in it), thinking about switching to a dreadlock shampoo bar though. 

Does it look like I've gotten somewhere? I sweat pretty much everyday, I wash every 3th day or more often.

Go ahead(I know there is a long journey, dont tell me that)

img

img

img

updated by @jahyouther: 05/26/15 07:22:37PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
9 years ago
29,640 posts

by green soap do you mean dish soap?

switch to dreadlockshampoo liquid not bars

and 1 more inch in length will make a big diference

also dont towel dry if you have been

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
JahYouther
@jahyouther
9 years ago
12 posts

Green soap liquid(Normal usage is for kitchen and such, residue free)

What do you mean with more length would make the diffrence? My hair looks so undreaded..

Never towel dry, it's bad for once hair, I rock my hair dry and also wait for it to dry. :)

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
9 years ago
29,640 posts

yea thats dish washing liquid its used to remove wax from dreads but not the best as a dread shampoo  id use the www.dreadlockshampoo.com liquid

and the longer the hair the faster it dreads and just getting 1 more inch in length is what will help get it to dread

--
JahYouther
@jahyouther
9 years ago
12 posts

I'll get it.

I shower in cold water, I use a rasta-cap often(to keep friction)

Should I like try never to touch my hair? When will I know to seperate, I dont want a big congo back there.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
9 years ago
29,640 posts

dont wear the cap too much   the more they are free to move the better

and when 2 dreads that are dreading try to join togerther...or when 1 dread tries to dread too big  over an inch at the roots

--
JahYouther
@jahyouther
9 years ago
12 posts

☮ soaring eagle ॐ:
dont wear the cap too much   the more they are free to move the better and when 2 dreads that are dreading try to join togerther...or when 1 dread tries to dread too big  over an inch at the roots  

Alright, what about the salt spray? Should I do that sometimes? I usually take some table salt and boil it and then wait for it to cool, then I apply it to my hair, Is that a good thing to do once in a while or?

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
9 years ago
29,640 posts

dont use table salt use sea salt ..non iodized

no need to boil it as you only want 3.5% of the water volume the same salinity as the ocean

unless its the pink sea salt from dreadlockshampoo.com you want toonly leave it in a couple hours max  but it doesnt need to be in long  the liquid shampoo from there has sea salt in it already

over use will over dry the hair

--
sarah.bosley
@sarahbosley
9 years ago
7 posts

Hi Rickard! Thought I'd give my 2 cents as well. No, I don't see any dreading going on quite yet but mine was the same way at 3 months. I can see it getting somewhat "messy" though which is good, that means its getting to the point of starting to section itself. I wouldn't bother seperating at all until you see actual loops start to form because seperating now would only slow the process down. Its not hard to seperate baby dreads at all when they're in the early stages, you just have to be really gentle.

I'm all about the shampoo from dreadlockshampoo.com as well, I always keep a bar in my shower for quick washes. But my hair really started to go wild when I used baking soda and apple cider vinegar to wash with. It takes more time to prepare but it was worth it for me, my hair really responded to it. Plus, there is barely any actual touching you have to do when you wash with it, which helps create knots as well.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
9 years ago
29,640 posts

note the liquid makes it dread watyyy faster then the bars  the bars are best used on mature dreads

--
 / 4

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form