Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

How to dreads like this? (other questions)

Kyle Bowen
@kyle-bowen
9 years ago
5 posts

Hello,

I'm a eighteen year old male college student. I know very little about dreads, but they are always something i've always wanted to do with my hair. I want to do something very similar if not identical or a tiny bit longer than the dreads in this picture. First question: How long would my hair need to be (before I dread) to get dreads these length. Second Question: What would I tell the hairdresser I wanted. So I guess I'm also asking what kind are these and what would I ask for.

Thanks for the help.

dreads.jpg
dreads.jpg  •  61KB

updated by @kyle-bowen: 02/03/18 04:18:32PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
9 years ago
29,640 posts

1 you do not go to a hairdresser for dreads..ever 2  those itshard to tell but are either nartural ir backcombed

3 you will never get dreads like anyone elses all dreads are unique and should be unique  well except severely damaged salon dreads wich all look tyhe same and those clearly are not salon dreads

read the dreaducation page

to get dreads..stop combing start washing with a tdread shampoo at 6 inches it will dread

alrternately at 5 inchesu can tnr (twist and rip) or backcomb  no products  no tools only a dread shampoo

dreads take time and wont look like thatfor a good 6-8 months

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Kyle Bowen
@kyle-bowen
9 years ago
5 posts

I don't want to do the natural approach. I would rather go get them done.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
9 years ago
29,640 posts

the absolute worse mistake you can make is going to a hairdresser for dreads

--
Kyle Bowen
@kyle-bowen
9 years ago
5 posts

why is that?

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
9 years ago
29,640 posts

then do them yourself but theres a very high chance thsat you will want to start over naturally...most people do

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
9 years ago
29,640 posts

because they do everything wrong  eitherusewax  or crochet or other extremely damaging methods   they tell u not to wasgh for uo to a year  and have you come back over and over for retightening and maintenence all because the methids they use  make it harder not easier to dread

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
9 years ago
29,640 posts

look at the salon dreads recovery section

--
Kyle Bowen
@kyle-bowen
9 years ago
5 posts

you're seriously telling me that a trained professional would do a worse job at dreading my hair then me? someone who knows nothing about it.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
9 years ago
29,640 posts

exactly cause they do everything wrong theyt are trained to create 'instadreads' that are severely damaged or  caked in wax  they  crochetyso they dont even begin to dread for 6 months then take 3 years to recover

in african americans they  cause balsding on purpose

these are examples of salon dreads

notice the last 1 thety are actively tightening them in the photo despite the severe balding they caused by tightening them

now heres natural dreads done with zero knowledge

all i knew was to stop combing

--
 / 3

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form