Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

7 year dreads help

Nathan Hammond
@nathan-hammond
9 years ago
14 posts

I have had my dreads now for like at least 7 years. I'm honestly really bad about washing them because it sucks to because they are soo big and heavy and take like days to dry even blow drying them. I hadn't washed them in a long ass time and went to do a bs with essential oils followed by the acv rinse. I washed them for quite a while. I went to dry them for a while with a hair dryer and noticed they were all sticky and when i squeezed them there was still tons of water and my hands got covered in white sticky stuff. Possibly baking soda??? Further squeezing them all this nasty brown water came out. A few of them definitely have a funky smell to them. I'm honestly thinking about cutting them leaving a few of them and letting the rest dread up again and not get soo big cause its a pain it the ass. Any suggestions??

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
9 years ago
29,640 posts

how thick are they

they sound like thsey  really need washing if they take 2-3 days to dry wash em weekly

but how did u mix it how long had u not washed when had u last used a dread shampoo

they look real thick so i gues thzts an issue too butu also had em 7 years.. thats a long time

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Nathan Hammond
@nathan-hammond
9 years ago
14 posts

very thick i only have 10 one of them it's like at least a few inches thick especially towards the root. I work full time and really busy with life i just find it hard to find a whole nice sunny day to just sit out in the sun. I hadn't washed them in months maybe like most of the winter. Not sure really ..I did a gallon of water to 3/4 -1 cup bs 20 drops of tea tree, 20 drops of lavender, 20 drops of peppermint, and like 25 or rosemary and just let in sit for like 20 or 30 minutes.. Then washed and squeezed them real good but still had that problem.

Nathan Hammond
@nathan-hammond
9 years ago
14 posts

one of them is soo fat it just suck in all the loose new hairs that try to grow..

Nathan Hammond
@nathan-hammond
9 years ago
14 posts

Just soo heavy i wish i could at least maybe separate them some way but probably not at this point...

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
9 years ago
29,640 posts

a winters worth of dirt and grime mighgt take a couple washes to get clean

but that is thick..only10 wow

my 1st set were headed that way but were started over after a year  even so really regretted it for that year  but guess now i dont 

i can see u could be happiewr with alot more u can wash more regularly

but they look amazing now a newset would look amazing too

its hard for me to sawy what to do except wash more often

maybe try a dread shampoo for regular washes

but id do another bs acv in the next week or 2  either way

get em nice and clean

then see how u feel

--
Nathan Hammond
@nathan-hammond
9 years ago
14 posts

Thanks!! I will probably wash with the dreadlockshampoo I have tomorrow. Got the nagchampa and dragons blood.. Even that is hard to wash out too honestly.. I was thinking about leaving a few of the longer less fat ones and cutting the rest and starting over. Do you think the other ones would catch up in length after a while? Or would it be cool to have all different sizes? If I do end up starting again i will definitely use beads to help section it and so they don't all try to eat eachother.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
9 years ago
29,640 posts

can u try combing out instead of cfutting it wont be easy with so thick but u should be able to ..pick it out with like ..well  many ppl have tried many things  anything  from forks to knotting needles  or just pick at the ends with your fingers till u start working it out  ..  iwould see if u cant comb em oit or pick em out with enough conditioner

but give em some good washingsw

u have the bar not liquid right

bars rinse easier for me

--
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form