dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

want dreads but have short hair :-(

UK_girl
@uk-girl
9 years ago
1 posts

Hi there,

I would really like dreads but i currently have really short, dyed hair (less than 1 inch at the back, longer at the front).. I was wondering.. while I am growing out my hair can I start the natural process of no conditioning, or brushing? or do I have to wait til it is long (this may take 2 or 3 yrs...!) also, I am not sure what to do about the dye (i'm naturally blonde but have used permanent black dye...) will my hair look OK if i start the process, or will it just look like an awful mess?

updated by @uk-girl: 01/22/20 09:33:16AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
9 years ago
29,640 posts

it will look cool start taking 1500 mg of biotin a day every day after 3 months it will double even tripple the growth rate u can start the natural process at bald  it might even dred shorter then expected tho not fast till its longer

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
9 years ago
29,640 posts

mine was short to start too

a fewbeads helped

--
Th☮r Carlt☮n
@thr-carltn
9 years ago
5 posts

About your hair being dyed, I had dyed mine about 6 months before and I think it looks fine. Lol about half of my hair is black and half is my natural brown, but it's not that bad. A lot of people have said it looks cool. When it gets longer you can cut the dyed part off and it should stay locked. Even it it doesn't it'll lock back up in time.

And I'd definitely agree with Soaring Eagle on the biotin. My hair naturally grows really fast and I started taking biotin and it doubled. It takes a while of daily use before it works, but when it works it works. Good luck on your dread journey, it's a fun one

Th☮r Carlt☮n
@thr-carltn
9 years ago
5 posts

☮ soaring eagle ॐ:
mine was short to start too a fewbeads helped

Beads also help a lot. Once you've got a decent dread started, pop a bead on and after a while you'll notice that it's a bit tighter

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
9 years ago
29,640 posts

i put beads oin undreaded hair and it dreaded very fast

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
9 years ago
29,640 posts

baking soda washes strip color