Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Bleached dreads?

Alexis Hoyt
@alexis-hoyt
9 years ago
7 posts
I bleached my dreadlocks last night, just gently coating the outside of them being careful not to mush it into them. And my hair feels really dry, and I'm having to separate hourly because everything just wants to dread together. I know I could use ACV, coconut milk, and aloe to condition and I plan to, but if that doesn't help enough, just how much harm would using a commercial deep conditioner just once do? I just don't want my hair becoming so weak that if have to cut them. I love the color, but I'm starting to regret it=[
updated by @alexis-hoyt: 01/13/15 10:06:44PM
Antonio Llamar
@antonio-llamar
9 years ago
27 posts
Well I have bleached my dreads and dyed them a few times and they seem to be fine but also about once or twice a week I was with dollylocks shampoo
Alexis Hoyt
@alexis-hoyt
9 years ago
7 posts
I've been using Vickis from dreadlockshampoo.com. It doesn't seem to be helping, even the bars. I've washed my hair about 3 times in the last 24 hours on top of rinsing several times after bleaching just trying to make sure it's all out. It still has an almost slimy texture when it's wet=\
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
9 years ago
29,640 posts

jojoba or argon oils best but yea sounds lkike the bleaching was a bad idea and possibly the bleach u used a poor quality

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Alexis Hoyt
@alexis-hoyt
9 years ago
7 posts
It was professional quality, mixed correctly and everything. I'll probably head over to the health store today and get those oils. I'm willing to try anything=\
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form