Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

re-twisting

keem
@keem
10 years ago
3 posts

i have been loced up for almost 8 months i TnR my dreads and i have about 36 of them, they are coming along very nicely and i dont do anything to them besides seperate and wash once a week maybe more depends how much i sweat at work lol but my question is what do you think about re twisting your dreads? i have alot of friends with dreads that go to the salon and get their dreads twisted at the root and them clamped for a day or 2 so they stay in and their dreads come out very nice they all have thicker kinkier hair then me except one of my friends who is white his hair is soft like mine but hes been dreaded for about 12 years now anyways i talked to a stylist who was jamaican and she told me she does use any wax or yarn or anything like that she uses an all natural homemade gel and she uses tea tree she told me that she could do my hair the same way just wondering if theres anything wrong with that? doesnt seem like it but idk

updated by @keem: 01/13/15 10:06:27PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
10 years ago
29,640 posts

retwisting causes traction alopecia and balding dont u see more scalp thgen hair? 95% that retwist have traction alopecia to 1 degree or another

dont do it tell your freinds to stop doing it

40% of all african americans..dreads or not get traction alopecia from salons obsession with tightreninbg the roots of locs braids corn rows etc weaves too

all forcing the roots to be tight is bad twisyong kills the capilaries that feed the hair root soi they stop growing the dreads get thinner and thinner the bald gaps get wider and wider and swcumbag salons say "oh how fresh and tidy" tjhe more bald you are the more they praise it but if yuou dare have hair growing on your head you got shitlocks and look dirty

dont ever retwist

are u african american?

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
keem
@keem
10 years ago
3 posts

are u african american?

no im puerto rican i have soft wavey hair my locs are coming alond very nice i was just looking for a way to clean up my nappy nappy roots for the holidays i have a family and we take holiday portraits and things

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
10 years ago
29,640 posts

aloe vera gel but only pure aloe vera or the karma gel from dreadlockshampoo.com

if u want to twist for the holidays once a years not going to kill you but do it yourself do not do it toight dont cake and bake in gel or opin for days

just twist each 1 a lil not too tight not enough to see bald gaps between juswt enough to clean up the craziness a tad

its when its tight and done often that u go bald though twisting in nonafrican hairs not really goingto help just the aloes the better idea

pure straight from theplant or sold as a drink with no other ingredients only aloe evemn if it says 100% pute aloe read tye ingredientsthere should only be 1 and it should be refridgerated

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form