Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Apps

Samantha Zimmerly
@samantha-zimmerly
10 years ago
7 posts
Is there any way to make an app for Microsoft Windows 8.1? I love love love this site and find it very helpful and the people on here. Wish there was some way to take it with me as I am mobile a lot :)
updated by @samantha-zimmerly: 01/13/15 10:06:26PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
10 years ago
29,640 posts

this site will be obsolete in a number of weeks as we are about to move to a whole new network thats designed around mobile 1st technology

so apps would be obsoluete

the other issue being that apps are extrenmely expensive to create unless they are basicly just the rss feeds from the site and often the app certification services will deny apps like that saying "not enough content" even if it included a rss feed that gave access to 1.5 million pages of the sites content

a professionaly created app can cost around 10,000 then have additional charges for every x number of downloads

and what would an app give you that the site itself wouldnt the new site every bit of it acts exactkly rthe same on every device as it does on a desktop

this sites mobile site sux..thats for sure but the apps we managed to create were not any better 1 was basicly a carbon copy of the crappy mobile site the other lacked forum access only gave you blogs and photos etc

heres a previrew of the new site www.greentechnologyforums.com

note several things wiont work right till the next import of site data wich will be sometime next week nas it takes roughly 4-6 days to upload thed data then 4-6 to import the data

and abnother 4 to convert the music files

and theres other ikmprovements we need to do before its ready but we should be moving there if all goes well this month

there will be no need for any apps since the entire sites built to be fully mobile ready

and will work on any device out there

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1

updated by @soaring-eagle: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
10 years ago
29,640 posts

ps u might already be able to sign in if not u can create a account and can later be linked to your profile

the data on there now will be wiped clean and a fresh import started as soon as the last 75 gigs finishes uploading

as soon as the new imports complete it should be 99% ready to use though not yet perfected

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form