Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

A question about soap!

Amanda Clouse
@amanda-clouse
10 years ago
53 posts

I was shopping at Fred Meyer earlier and saw this soap. The brand is Sappo Hill. I was wondering if it is safe for dreads. Based on the ingredients, I feel it seems safe.

The ingredients for Aloe Vera are: Non-GMO Food Grade Oils of Sustainable Palm and Coconut, Water, Sodium Hydroxide*, Glycerine, Organic Aloe Vera, Fragrance Blend with Natural Plant Extracts and Essential Oils, Mineral Pigment

The ingredients for Almond are: Non-GMO Food Grade Oils of Sustainable Palm and Coconut, Water, Sodium Hydroxide*, Glycerine, Fragrance Blend with Natural Plant Extracts and Essential Oils

*Used to make true soap; none remains in fully saponified and superfatted soap bar

I purchased both and figured if they aren't safe to use, I can always use them on my body. I was trying to purchase dreadlockshampoo's soap, but for some reason paypal would NOT recognize my address. After 20+ tries, I gave up and need something until I can get a dreadlocks bar. I also have Dr. Bronner's if all else fails.

I should add I live Oregon and my area definitely is soft water.

updated by @amanda-clouse: 01/13/15 10:06:21PM
Amanda Clouse
@amanda-clouse
10 years ago
53 posts

I did some reading and it seems glycerine is an ingredient I should avoid with dreadlocks. Is that because it is too moisturizing or will it leave residues or both?? I will be buying a dreadlockshampoo bar within the next few days, anyway! At least I have some new body bars!

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
10 years ago
29,640 posts
All the ingredients are too moisturizingGet dreadlockshampoo just use the contact page to let her know the issue u have nd shell just invoice u

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Amanda Clouse
@amanda-clouse
10 years ago
53 posts

Yah, I've been talking to her. I'm just waiting for the money to transfer into our paypal account. After I posted the question, I did a test by washing my hands with it and it is super slick, so I knew it couldn't possibly be good for my baby dreads!

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form