Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Lice!!

Kayla4
@kayla4
10 years ago
7 posts

My mom is a teacher at an elementary school and found out one of her students has lice really bad. The child has been going to school even though she still has lots of lice. Just to be safe, what can I do to prevent from getting lice? I have been using tea tree oil and lavender oil. I also use Rosemary and peppermint shampoo. Also, if I do get lice, what is the best treatment for dreads? I refuse to cut them off like my mom keeps suggesting (I think it's because she still doesn't like them). Thank you everyone!

updated by @kayla4: 01/13/15 10:05:53PM
LionOfJudah
@lionofjudah
10 years ago
13 posts

Teatree oil alone works great as a prevent, the fumes and such. Removing lice is easy! You can use a bottle of 70% isopropyl alchol, on your dreads, avoid your scalp! Tie them up and keep them under a shower cap for 30minutes, maybe an hour to be safe. Lice are capable of holding their breaths for up to 30 minutes, that's why a shower wont stop them, lice also take about a week to mature and begin laying more eggs, so after your first wash you should do one more, two even to be safe. Also, lice survive without a host for three days, beware of pillows, couches, hats, you know. If you've got them, they're easy to spot!

To Live Is To Dye
@to-live-is-to-dye
10 years ago
10 posts

I have heard that alcohol can kill them, but how do you get rid of their dead bodies? I know normally you comb out the dead lice after treatment. Just wondering how to remove the dead lice after killing them with dreads. Hopefully I never get lice though!

To Live Is To Dye
@to-live-is-to-dye
10 years ago
10 posts

Does the alcohol dissolve the dead lice? Or are the lice carcasses just forever a part of your dreads?

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form