dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Combing out dreads after 10 months to Re-do them

Chandra Bailey
@chandra-bailey
10 years ago
10 posts

Hi,

I havent posted any pics in a while...But My dreadies are 10 months n 10 days old now and I am in the process of combing them out to re-do them...am I crazy!!

Im so torn and confused...they have gotten shoulder length short...and so many different sizes mostly "fatter" than what I had wanted... I have/had 42 dreads and I wanted more like "60".

I have taken dreads out that could have easily been 2 or 3. Since I did all the separating myself...I feel like it could be done better. I absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVED them up until about a month ago and looking at some of the super skinny ones and some of fat ones...when before they were all fluffy and full...now not so much.

I found a stylist that knows about doing natural dreads the backcombing style...as I started mine out TnR..

I have also seen where many started theres out this way, the initial hair started really clumps up and the new growth is absolutely beautiful. I have about 4-5 inches of beautiful new dread growth..but the reast is well blah.ive already removed 16 of them...

I was even thinking of letting them grow a little more but my hair "was" below my rib cage in length before I started 10 months ago...

updated by @chandra-bailey: 01/13/15 10:05:45PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
10 years ago
29,640 posts

dont even think about going near a stylist natural and backcombed are contradictory terms you dont do natural dreads you let them happen

i would not takethem out

if anbything only take out the thickest ones

let them decide how they wantto section

but yreallyi think you shgould stop rightnow and give yourself time to think

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Jessica Reyes
@jessica-reyes
10 years ago
24 posts
You need to read the dreaducation part of this website. I'm sure your dreads are just beautiful, they are also still young and need more time to grow and shape. Brushing them out to backcomb is a bad idea in my opinion. If you think some are especially large, only brush those out and tnr them to section. Natural dreads are not backcombed or styled, you can't GET natural dreads. You can only grow them. To take out your natural dreads and then go to a stylist is moving backward. I say just let them be, stop worrying about what they look like in comparison to those who don't know how genuine dreads are to look, and look at more photos here...you will see that your dreads are probably very beautiful.
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form