Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Congo?

Psybin
@psybin
10 years ago
32 posts

I'm a little over a month into growing my dreadies and my first one that looped and locked is now being weird. Now it looks like two dreads are connected at the loop. The main problem is I'm not sure if they were one dread when the loop was first formed or if the second dread congoed with it. It looks like it's weaved into the loop too much to be a congo within the past week, but I just can't be sure anymore lol. I tried separating the two the other day and they came apart easily, but I stopped at the loop since I'm worried I'll destroy it if I pull them apart. Now they're basically totally separate except for at the loop and I dunno what to do! Should I leave it and let it congo or pull them apart? I'd rather leave it but I'm also worried it might end up being too big. Maybe I'm supposed to have one bigger lock than the rest. ;)

Hopefully the photos show it well enough.

updated by @psybin: 01/13/15 10:05:33PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
10 years ago
29,640 posts

how big is the combined section it doesnt look solidly enough dreaded to worry either way if the combined sections not too big let it be if it is separate

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Psybin
@psybin
10 years ago
32 posts

I think it's about an inch at the most at the root when pressed together. Yeah I'll just leave it for now and see what happens. They're already starting to come together (again?). An inch isn't too big to dry out later on right?

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
10 years ago
29,640 posts

/inch is the max but when pressed together? depends what u mean if u mean the 2 connected are 1 inch at the scalp then yes thats the max but if u mean loosely dreaded squeezed together well a 3 inch dread at the scalp if not real tightcan be "pressed together" into less then an inch so depends on what yoir saying exactly

if the area of the scalp the roots come from into the 2 combined dreads is a max of an inch then yea its fine it will dry slow but not to thye point of being risky

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Psybin
@psybin
10 years ago
32 posts

It's hard for me to tell if it's any bigger than an inch at the root but I don't think it's much more than that. Here's another photo that hopefully gives you a better idea. It's hard to get a good angle by myself using a mirror lol.

Other than at the tip with the loop, they don't seem to want to stay together. Actually, over the past day or two they seem to have compressed a bit and are even more separated. Am I just holding onto the idea of my first loop and not wanting to destroy it? I guess I'm asking if I should just separate them now and let the loops reform, rather than wait til they knot any further. Sorry I can be pretty indecisive at times lol.

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form