Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Question of TnR, dreads look like braids....

Life With Full Hands
@life-with-full-hands
10 years ago
2 posts

So my husband was wonderful, and sectioned my hair for me. One problem is that some sections were too big, so I started to undo them (only a week old), and split them. I came on here to do some reading and read that TnR should not look like braids. However, mine do. They recommended that you do twist rip rip rip rip, twist rip rip rip, etc. I did that mostly, but I did do some with just one twist and one rip. So now I have a bunch that look like braids. Will this mess up the maturing process? Should I undo them and start over? I certainly don't want to have regrets months from now, thinking I should have redid them when I had the chance.

Thanks!

LWFH

updated by @life-with-full-hands: 01/13/15 10:05:28PM
taye
@taye
10 years ago
833 posts

You are fine. Remember that TnR is just a starter method and not really dreads yet. It does look "braidy" at first. What is going to happen is that it will loosen up and then actual knots start to form. It is good that you realized that some were too big because they do thicken up a whole lot.

Life With Full Hands
@life-with-full-hands
10 years ago
2 posts

Thank you! I was hoping I wasn't going to have to undo more of them! I still have a few in the back that d to be separated. But my back is much shorter than my front, so it won't take much time.

Blessings,

LWFH

Keilaina
@keilaina
10 years ago
4 posts

Don't worry about it too much. I had the same issue on several of mine. I'm a year in now and they look much less "braidy". Even after a couple months they started looking better. Time heals all. :)

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form