Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

So much breakage :(

Courtney Santos
@courtney-santos
10 years ago
1 posts

My dreads are about 2 years old and I have so much breakage (which seems to get worse and worse) that it looks like my dreads have sand in them, plus my hair is being pulled out with the root bulb still intact which adds to the dirty look.

I'm about to cut my dreads off cause they are starting to look really gross. Which is my fault for all the mistakes** I've made.

Any suggestions or someone talking me out of it would be great.

**mistakes i've made:
Started the dreadheadhq suggested way, backcombing and rubber bands for the first month.
Palm rolled like crazy for the first 6 months.
Used a crochet hook to add in extensions and pull in loose hair.
Dyed, dyed, dyed, bleached, and dyed again.

I also used diluted Dr. Bonners (1oz to 9 oz water) which I don't know if good or bad but sometimes my dreads feel kinda sticky or something.

Please no negativity or judgement. I'm frustrated enough.

updated by @courtney-santos: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
10 years ago
29,640 posts

bronners should be 1-12 ratio and u shouldnt use itin hard water i do see a ton of damage but its not like they arent savable

all the white dots are from root rubbing most likely tho crochet certainly washt helping

u used wax once so id still do wax b gone to be safe and simply stiop everything your doing

as for the white dots u can pick them off but u got morethen ive ever seen i doubt u have a single hair still conected to your head thats at the tips

now normaly id say this is terible advice ..and it is but in your situation it might just be the best i can come up with on short notice since u have so many (thio i wonder if a striong bs soak will get rid of them) since theres too many to pick off with tweezers some fools shave off the loose hairs along the body of the dread that maybe an option just to get rid of all the white roots though i really am not liking that i just suggested that so lets see about other iptions 1st like really dosing them with pure aloe or the karma locking gel and see if that helps suck em in outta sight but in general as long as u stop all the bad practices they will get better and better slowly

stop everything palm rolling too

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Sarahface
@sarah16
10 years ago
108 posts

Is there any chance that could be dandruff stuck in your dreads? Have you tried soaking them in the bathtub and just squeezing them over and over again under the water to see if you can get any of it out? I would soak them in baking soda too...

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
10 years ago
29,640 posts

dandruff woyuldnt stick onthe outside like that and tota,y looks like hundreds of thousands of pulled out roots to me a strong enough baking soda saoak should eat away at the dead skin tags ..i think

ive seen excessive root foliciles like this in agresivly backcombed dreads but that was like hundreds to a thousand or 3 not tens or even a hundred thousand wich you could only expect from the root rubbing..never sewebn this many where it looked coated not justy spotted

but perhaps rubbing a lil roughly withthe dreadlockshampoo bars might scrub alot off too

i love dreadheadhq for 1 rweason thier vic\tims give me a constant challenge to find new ways to overcome and survive even greater levels of destruction..this is another puzzle to figure out the best courese of action

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
NaturalDreads01
@naturaldreads01
10 years ago
170 posts
Almost looks like some type of sticky residue to me.. May just be breakage though.. But considering you are using bronners, if you have hard water, you could have a bit of residue built up.. Could try a good Baking Soda rinse, as SE mentioned.
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form