Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Dreadlocks in the BDSM Community

Elizabeth Tyler
@elizabeth-tyler
10 years ago
9 posts

I am curious to see if anyone here is active within the BDSM community? I hope that this is not considered inappropriate seeing as I am not referring to swinging or sexual activities per say but more like rope rigging, fire cupping, sadomasochism type deal.

More specifically if having dreadlocks interferes with certain rope ties? Can you still do hair ties or is it damaging to your hair? Also have the people been accepting?

So far my local community has been quite accepting of my decision to dreadlock my hair. I am VERY early in the process and was just curious if anyone else here had experience?

I apologize if this topic is against any rules or is offensive. Not meant to be. Thank you.

updated by @elizabeth-tyler: 01/13/15 10:05:05PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
10 years ago
29,640 posts

its not but lil surprising lol i would highly doubt that its unacceptable and if it was then id get the hell out of there

there are times when bdsm is taken way too far and becomes psychologicaly crushing if not physicaly dangerouse and emotio9naly devestating

as part of it deals with control issues and if you alow someone else to not be accepting of your choives and seek to control what you do think say and feel then you lose yourself and suffer and it becomes nothing but abuse

thats not always the case but the risk is far higher in that community as it attracts the type people who thrive on control

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Elizabeth Tyler
@elizabeth-tyler
10 years ago
9 posts

This is true. Lifestyles that involve Dominate/submissive relations do have their fair share of those who prey on newbies or emotionally unstable individuals. I have experienced it when first entering the lifestyle. Then I made friends with the local community leaders and they are my best friends and we all look out for the newbies now. Live and learn I suppose.

There are some types of rigging where the Top will tie the rope bottoms hair, say for example, to her/his feet in a predicament tie that when he/she moved it would pull her hair/head back. These are examples of what I mean by rope on hair.

I tend to lean more towards the masochism which would not involve my hair however a good friend of mine who is a serious rope bottom (does paid gigs are clubs as well as for fun) is considering growing dreadlocks and asked me about hair tie with dreadlocks. I had no answer lol. Might have to be a trial and error experience.

Hunter.Crow
@huntercrow
6 years ago
29 posts

Can I bring this thread back to life? I actually have an important question related to this, and this seems like the best place to ask it. 

I'm trying to find out if anyone out there has experience with dreadlocks and sado-masochistic hair pulling. It's something I've always been into but now I have dreads and I'm afraid of damaging them. If anyone knows or knows someone who knows, that would be super useful. 

updated by @huntercrow: 11/01/18 07:56:32PM
PoopiePants
@poopiepants
6 years ago
81 posts
I actually have 2 small dreads that have connected to each other at their tips, essentially making a handle for someone to yank, if they're brave enough. :P
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form