Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Hello, there! Starting my first dreads the natural way :)

Laura Breitenbach
@laura-breitenbach
10 years ago
9 posts
Hi everyone, I'm Laura and I just decided yesterday that I want to start some dreads. I've always admired the look of dreadlocks (I think that Disney's Tarzan movie might have had something to do with it XD ) and after seeing a lot of women lately with absolutely beautiful dreadlocks, I figured it's time to start my own.I've been doing a lot of research into dreadlocks care, etc., and this site has already been super helpful, and helped convince me that natural dreading is the way to go.I just posted my first pictures. It's only day one, so my hair is still pretty silky. I'm a little anxious about whether the process will be faster or slower for me, but, again, the info here has helped ease my mind a bit.I'm sure I'll have plenty of questions in the coming months, but for now I just wanted to introduce myself and say hi! :D
updated by @laura-breitenbach: 01/13/15 10:04:48PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
10 years ago
29,640 posts

welcome i think your hairwill progress beautifiully

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Arkynstone GypsyFae
@arkynstone-gypsyfae
10 years ago
37 posts

Hi! Welcome to the family! :) Looking forward to watching your journey progress! :)

I started the natural process seven months ago! You'll hear it all the time, but patience, patience, patience! Just when you start to doubt, you'll see your baby dreads morph a little more. I promise. It's happened to me a few times already. :)

Happy Dreading!

Laura Breitenbach
@laura-breitenbach
10 years ago
9 posts
Thanks, Dragonfly! I took a look at your photos. Yours seem to be going well :) I'll admit, it's only a couple days in, and I'm already having to remind myself that it's going to take a while. Luckily I like that "messy hair" look anyway, so that helps a bit XD

Dragonfly Arkynstone said:

Hi! Welcome to the family! :) Looking forward to watching your journey progress! :)

I started the natural process seven months ago! You'll hear it all the time, but patience, patience, patience! Just when you start to doubt, you'll see your baby dreads morph a little more. I promise. It's happened to me a few times already. :)

Happy Dreading!

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form