Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Flour still in dreads... suggestions?

Jimmy DC
@jimmy-dc
10 years ago
86 posts

Well after two weeks of taking part on a crud war which had flour, I still have flour on my dreads. I have some decently mature dreads and some not as mature, but my issue is that the flour got wet right after and it got all doughy and dried up. At first I tried a couple different things, but after being unable to completely getting it out, I thought it would just eventually fall off. But I was wrong, the back of my head was the main target of the flour and it is also the part of my head with the most mature dreads, and I also cannot really look at it. But today i was standing in front of the mirror and noticed one of the side front dreads had a bit of flour (noticeably on the outside) but as i tried to get it out i realized it was not only on a superficial level it was all in it as well, not an awful lot but a decent amount. So I'm sure those dreads in the back definitely have more in my back dreads.

I just wanted out because my grandmother said that if I don't then it would eventually become little larvae which truly freaks me out. I really don't want to cut my hair, I've grown it for 3 years and started my neglect dreads 14 or 15 months ago.

I also think this is an important issue that we should address as I feel like it could happen to anybody or if we want to do a color run or something similar and it gets wet it would be a similar situation. I am open to any suggestion and willing to try different things so in the future others might have a reference to go to.

Thank You, and if you have any ideas please post them!

EDIT: Also I have been considering combing them out, but wouldn't know how to do it or if it is recommendable. If I were to what should i use so i don't rip half my hair out haha, I would just restart my neglect way, thanks again

updated by @jimmy-dc: 08/12/19 10:35:27AM
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form