Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Hello lovelies

Brittany Goeden
@brittany-goeden
10 years ago
12 posts

Well first of all, I never officially introduced myself when I joined a few months ago. So I'm Brittany :) I currently live in Colorado with my parents and axle our miniature pincher. I workat subway as the night manager andgoing to veterinary technician school in the fall, which I am sooo excited for. Animals are my life;) I'm also a natural redhead and I love all forms of art. Painting, drawing, ceramics, multimedia. You name it.Itsnice to meetyou all;pThat's prettymuch the basics so moving on hehe

I started my natural dreads on April 3rd of this year so they are just over three months old. I started for a lot of different reasons and I did not get great feedback from really anyone when I made the official decision. My mom was really disappointed just because she loves my hair so much and she thought I was going to ruin it and have to shave my head blah blah blah. Ya know. When my step dad noticed what was goin on in the back of my head lol he said that's disgusting. That's all I heard about it from him. My mom still doesn't exactly approve but she understands its what I need to do for myself. She supports me now, since our first initial talk about it I haven't heard one negative thing come out of her mouth about it. And my dad and I talked the other night and he apologized fo r the way he said what he said and explained he didn't really mean it like that. He just doesn't want life to be tougher on me than it needs to be is what he said. Most of my friends are eh whatever about it.

I use Vicki's Just 4 Dreads lockin up shampoo, the nag champa smells. :) SE suggested this shampoo when I first joined and started my journey. I love love love it. Keeps my hair smelling awesome until I wash it again, doesn't dry out my scalp and its all I have to use. Very simple. I was washing every 2 to 4 days for the first month and a half I'd say, separating after each wash. In the first week I forme d a little baby dread. I didn't see any other changes for a few weeks after that it seemed like. It was really easy to lose track of time.

I called him my fishy dread. hehe This guy is still my favorite now:)

In the second month I formed a couple more around the first one. Still only separating after each wash.

At this point I have stopped separating pretty much completely because I literally didn't have to. I was just lettin it do its thing for a while. Washing every 3 to 4 days at this point I believe. All same methods. The picture above this silly one is the same lil guy all tightened up.

NOW hehe. Well you see... a couple maybe a few weeks im not sure how long ago I woke up one morning and it was like I had had the craziest night of my life or something. Or I just didn't realize what had really been forming underneath all my hair since I hadn't been separating. I had also just gotten back from a wicked camping/hiking trip. I had four er five baby dreads underneath trying to congo. I had to start separating after each wash again. And now separating almost every day. Its gettin pretty crazy.

Reppin that subway lawls xD

The very top dready is that first fishy dread. Kinda turned into a little fatty with lots of fun loops and what not.

Alrighty. I justgot back from visiting my girlfriend in Kansas and family and friends in Missouri (where I'm originally from). I found myself verynervous about my family seeing the back of my head and being likewhats going on with yer hair lemme brush that out fer you. Idk. I didn't want them to see me as gross or react the same way my dad did. No one ended up saying anything.Whether they just didn't notice or didn't feel the need to say anything idk. But I came to realize there was no point for my worry. They will love me all the same just as I would for them. They may not agree but they are family. My friend Cessy was trying to convince me to do the tnr method or crochet.She said they would look so much better with a gross look on her face. Whatever. I love them so much already. I think they're beautiful.Anyways,the weather is soooo different therecomparedto here in Colorado. I feel like the humidity and crazy runnin around, late nights, really pushed my hair along.These next pictures are the most updated. Taken yesterday. (washing every 2 to 3 days now. same method, same shampoo. gona start blow drying soon. separating almost everyday)

I am basically obsessed with this picture. lol I love this loopdiloop. I thought he looked so cool. ^__^

oh and I have hardcore forehead wrinkles ;) haha.... this picture doesn't do it justice at all. Its hard to see but you can see one of my main guys there.

So hard to get a good pic of these ones. Imma have to get someone to help me next time. lol

The newest. He is seriouslygona be a biggin.

Well folks, thank you very very much if you get through this whole thing. I talk a lot and I take a lot of pictures. lol So that's my three month timeline :)

peace and love to everyone:)

updated by @brittany-goeden: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
Shannon2
@shannon2
10 years ago
14 posts
Looking good so far! The colour of your hair is absolutely gorgeous,by the way.
Brittany Goeden
@brittany-goeden
10 years ago
12 posts

Awe :) thank you so much!

Shannon said:

Looking good so far! The colour of your hair is absolutely gorgeous,by the way.
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form