Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Freeforming for 20 months from a fade?

Bountdoom
@bountdoom
10 years ago
31 posts

Sooo..... i've been freeforming for 20 months from a fade........ and I still have less than an inch of hair?

I feel like this is unprecendented........ even when I go on youtube and look at the small majority of people who have freeformed from a fade, they usually have 6 inches + hair atleast.............

I can say one thing though, although my hair has stayed short it has gone through all the phases dreads are supposed to go through.

I guess the difference with my hair is that, when it finally starts to grow long that's all it will do.

So essentially it seems like my locs will grow maturely straight from my scalp.

I wonder what they will look like?

I haven't come across anybody on this site or anywhere else on the internet who has gone through what I am going through with my hair.

It has gotten to the point that I have nearly forgotten about it.

well in october I will have been freeforming for 2 years. I don't expect to have much hair by then honestly.

I guess I will just wait for year 3 to come on by.

if you have any input, feel free to leave some.

Oh and by the way, I have taken biotin for over a year now. Well I stopped a couple days ago since I decided I was going to stop all multi vitamin use.

In the past 3 months I have had a major diet change. The changes that have happened to my body and mind are so great that the vitamins I took before (A multivitamin with 45 different nutrients) have pretty much been rendered useless.

They don't make a noticeable difference in my overall functioning. When my diet was terrible the change via the vitamins was very great. But that isn't the case anymore.

Anyways if you KNOW ANYBODY who may have experienced something similar or if you are one of those peoples feel free to inbox me!

Any other comments, SHOOT!

Also I want to hear about everyone elses freeform experience I never knew hair was capable of such oddities until I started freeforming.

I never thought in a million years that you could not cut, comb, or brush your hair for a year and upwards and see virtually NO difference in length.

Well it got to about 2 inches after the first year. But then it shrunk back down to nothing.

My hair is very tight right now though and very matted

But that's enough of my talking.

Let's get a conversation going.

updated by @bountdoom: 01/13/15 10:04:20PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
10 years ago
29,640 posts

whenj u say freeform u mean no seperation? is it forming into 1 dread like a dread helmet/ that maybe restricting growth

\your diet change may drasticly afect groewth too..eventualy

theres a guy u can google david alexander english\

we started dreading around the exact same time

20 years later mine were draggingon the ground..hiswerea lil past his shoulders

somke rare cases just grow at vastky diferent rates from the norm

tho i suspect yiures maybe compacted into a super solid dread helmet thats just getting more matted and not able to grow..much\

i maybe wring just seems like that maybe a possibiluty

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Bountdoom
@bountdoom
10 years ago
31 posts

No my I can touch all my hair follicles and pull them apart, I don't know. It just feels like an afro. If I take my hairs and twist them together, I can make hundreds of them. My hair is just matted loose hair, it's hard to describe

It is true i've never seperated my hair, but that is because i've never had to.

my hair isn't growing together.

There is nothing to seperate

NaturalDreads01
@naturaldreads01
10 years ago
170 posts

give it a little more time hehe.. You know how long Bob Marley was freeforming before his started to look like locks? Check it out sometime lol.

NaturalDreads01
@naturaldreads01
10 years ago
170 posts

Then again, there are other people like Garnett Silk (another reggae singer) who's started locking up pretty quickly.. lol.. Not trying to associate locks just with reggae, it is just easier to have someone you can look up and see pictures of.

NaturalDreads01
@naturaldreads01
10 years ago
170 posts

I mean, with bob marley it didn't take forever, but there was definitely a point where he had a fro for quite some time.

Bountdoom
@bountdoom
10 years ago
31 posts

Yeah, i'll just see where its at by year 3

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
10 years ago
29,640 posts

how many mg of biotinb were u taking do u get enough calcium and protein in your diet too

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Bountdoom
@bountdoom
10 years ago
31 posts

I was taking 10,000 mcg for over a year. In recent months though I dropped it to about 350 MCG. Now I don't take any at all. Also I believe I get enough calcium and protein as well
soaring eagle said:

how many mg of biotinb were u taking do u get enough calcium and protein in your diet too

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form