Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Managing my neglected dreads....

Earth Rose
@earth-rose
10 years ago
38 posts

I just thought this was funny, the other day I was at the river, and my baby hairs were drying out - which means curly and frizzy - and some guy said "Whoa, looks like you need to work on your hair a little.." to which I responded, "I took the neglect route for a reason..."

It goes either way, some people will ask if it's a lot of work to have my hair look like this too.

But really, I just was sick of painfully finger combing [since I've never used a brush] knots out of my mess of hair in the first place. So I let it do it's thing. I guess OCCASIONALLY, I'll pull some apart, but only if the big ones are trying to get bigger or grabbing a dread that's not right next to it. Other than that, they're their own thing doing as they please.

updated by @earth-rose: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
10 years ago
29,640 posts

when ppl make comments like that i just look at them c onfusedd and say something like what do u mean work on them

but i think next time anyone says that ill just say ok i will right now then close my eyes and just let out a long drawn out

aaaauuuuuummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

after all working on my spirit is the only work my dreads will ever need

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Derek2
@dreadedhyena
10 years ago
37 posts

I get this from time to time as well. Usually from people who have salon dreads. It's kinda nauseating actually. Looking at their hair, seeing it in pain from over tightening and constant over maintenance. I usually tell them they need to stop working on their hair, or it's going to run away and never come back. Eh, most of the time they just don't understand.

The Wanderer
@the-wanderer
10 years ago
9 posts
Your dreads look amazing, i had my back of my head done with crotchet and i let my top head do its own thing and i feel so much better about them becoming dreads.My friend that used the crotchet on me is already moaning that they are not comfortable and look messy, she thinks its the dreads in general that cause itchiness and pain from strecthing. As derek said most of the time they dont understand or too selfish to admit it. :-)
Sas'n
@sasn
9 years ago
7 posts

they may look maintained, but they're complete neglected. washing and some coconutoil does suit them down a bit.. at the back it looks the most neglect, compared to the rest of my head..

updated by @sasn: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form