Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Hello there!

Nina "Darth Valkyrja" Marley
@darth-valkyrja
10 years ago
6 posts

My name is Nina, and I have had my dreads just over 3 1/2 years now.

My hair was a few inches passed my butt when I had them done, and opted for back combing to avoid having to deal with 3 1/2' of nappy hair, and because I wanted organized sections (Dreads were my personal therapy for OCD, and let me say the first 6 months were misery).

I ended up with 64 total, and after they were backcombed, I pretty much let them do whatever they wanted outside of congo-ing. My top two back center dreads were named Neltharion and Megatron, after the WoW and Transformers characters. I ended up taking 10 of the front to make loose hair, and then also ended up congo-ing the remaining 54 in sets of two and combining to make 27.

I never used any products outside of coconut oil and aloe here and there, but I really can just chock it up to laziness.

Dreadlocks were also a step for me in embracing myself for exactly what I am in that I have come to love the imperfections of them.

People who have known me most of my life say that I would not be me without the dreads. They were the best personal decision of my life, and I wish I had done them sooner.

updated by @darth-valkyrja: 01/13/15 10:04:12PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
10 years ago
29,640 posts

welcome tho if u did go natural it woulda really cured the ocd and not been 6 months of misery but of joy

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Nina "Darth Valkyrja" Marley
@darth-valkyrja
10 years ago
6 posts

Each person must take their own path, mine just was not that way. I would not have been able to do it, either personally or professionally.

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form