Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Sham Wow Towels

ZoeyRainsMom
@zoeyrainsmom
10 years ago
122 posts

Hello all! I just had a quick question regarding Sham Wow towels. I bought some and am a little unsure of how to use it. The package says that they are supposed to be thoroughly soaked in water first and wrung out before using, but you're using it damp. Would this be the same if I am wrapping it around my hair? It says to use wet or dry but I've never used one before. Any advice on this would be greatly appreciated. Oh and I know these are supposedly lint free but the orange fibers kinda look a little fuzzy, please tell me I won't end up with orange fuzz in my locks. Thanks again!!!

Sorry...I had to move this as I originally put it in the wrong place...oops

updated by @zoeyrainsmom: 01/13/15 10:04:03PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
10 years ago
29,640 posts

i think when u 1st get it u should totaly soak it..fill a sink then squeeze as much into..then out of it u can it will hold alot

i just wrap around..squeeze not wring

i wrap it round all of em squeeze and it gets all the drippiness at least outta all of them

if i wrung em and did it again in smaller handfulls i bet id cut the drying time down alot more

of and i got fuzz from everything..everything but these

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Jimmy DC
@jimmy-dc
10 years ago
86 posts

Wait so you're saying the shamwow towels are actually good for drying dreads? Just making sure that's what you meant. And they don't leave any fuzz behind?
soaring eagle said:

i think when u 1st get it u should totaly soak it..fill a sink then squeeze as much into..then out of it u can it will hold alot

i just wrap around..squeeze not wring

i wrap it round all of em squeeze and it gets all the drippiness at least outta all of them

if i wrung em and did it again in smaller handfulls i bet id cut the drying time down alot more

of and i got fuzz from everything..everything but these

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
10 years ago
29,640 posts

yes thats what i meant

--
ZoeyRainsMom
@zoeyrainsmom
10 years ago
122 posts

Thanks Eagle!!!

ZoeyRainsMom
@zoeyrainsmom
10 years ago
122 posts

I want to tell anybody who is wondering or considering trying these...I used it yesterday for the first time and was honestly kinda leery that it would really do much more than a towel. Normally after I shower I would wrap a towel around my hair to catch the drips and would leave it on my head for around 30-45 minutes. After taking the towel off my hair would still continue to drip for around another hour. Yesterday I wrapped the Sham Wow around my hair (I needed 2 X-large to cover my hair as they aren't big enough) just long enough to throw some clothes on and took it off to wring it out. WOW! I couldn't believe how much water it had already pulled from my dreads. I tried 2 more times, this time just squeezing it over my locks and both times there was enough water to be wrung out of the shammy. On a normal day of shampooing my shirt is pretty wet from the ongoing drips....not anymore, and my hair dried much faster. They are definitely worth buying. I would suggest to have 2 of the X-large ones though if you'd like to get an average amount of hair in there. Take care everyone! And thanks again Eagle for the suggestion!!

Dreadson MaLock
@dreadson-malock
9 years ago
10 posts

well I'm wondering whats the difference between Shamwow and microfiber towels. I have quite a few microfiber towels/rags, some are large enough to use as a body or hair towel for after showering, so I do. I also noticed, as mentioned here^ that is soaks up water much more efficiently than normal towels but I'm slightly curious about any cons/drawbacks, e.g. maybe it removes hair, hair catches in it etc.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
9 years ago
29,640 posts

any microfibre towes awesome shamwows are just suposed to soak up more water tgen any other but  really any  microbibrew towels will do im aboutto oder a huge 1 cause as it is now i tie 5 shamwows around mine to get out of the shower  and i rather have justy 1 big 1

--
Dreadson MaLock
@dreadson-malock
9 years ago
10 posts

If I can figure out how I got this gigantic blue microfiber towel, I'll let you know. It is definitely large enough to do the job

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
9 years ago
29,640 posts

ive seen em on amazon and i go9t an amazon gift card as long as i can find it again

--
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form