Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

keeping hair from dreading

Ang
@ang
10 years ago
3 posts

Hiya all. I'm on day 7 of my journey... or is it 8? I've lost track. Anyway, I decided I don't want my bangs to dread up. I don't look so great with no hair across my forehead. So what I did was I tightly braided the bangs and then fastened them with a tiny elastic band. I felt they looked a little plain, so I took some hemp and wooden beads to decorate a bit. this way I don't have to worry so much about the bangs dreading, but I still don't have to "maintain" them, either. Hopefully in a few months I can take them out and they'll be (mostly) untangled while the rest is starting to dread. My hubby, who is being very supportive, came home with this awesome hat, so on hot days like today I can stuff my hair up in it and not have to worry about trying to pull it back. :)

updated by @ang: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
Cody Harder
@cody-harder
10 years ago
30 posts

I think you look great without bangs, but you should do what you want. Unfortunately, I have not advice on how to maintain such a look. My advice would be to just let it go, and you will love yourself more every day!

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
10 years ago
29,640 posts

if u want to keep bangs u might want to keep combingthem or u might get braidy dreads anyway

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
taye
@taye
10 years ago
833 posts

A couple of my dreads started out as braids.....so you may want to comb them out once a week or so....at least. The bad thing about straight hair is that it WANTS to dread. Dreads do not need maintenance but straight air does. Just thought I would give you a heads up :)

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form