Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Ello:) so I want to get dreads....

Renae Miller
@renae-miller
14 years ago
4 posts
I'm new here and I want to start my dreadlocks journey. I'm looking into the best way to start them and things like that. My hair us like 5 inches and it's thin and VERY curly. So will my hair type effect how fast it will lock up? If you could give my some answers and advice or if you just want to chat my AIM is RenaeRestricted and my e-mail is barnbum01332@yahoo.com so get at me! Thank you.
updated by @renae-miller: 01/13/15 08:31:01PM
Iain
@iain
14 years ago
844 posts
curly hair is awesome for locking,<---has curly hairespecially when it gets longer, it's almost unavoidable without heavy conditioning,and my hair wasn't exactly the thickest of hair, but still turned out well enough for my liking,
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
added u on aim (wich ive forgotten to open for monts)hair types not always as big a fasctor as sleeping habits is and other tings like oiliness habit of runnin fingers trough oilinesslength makes alotta differencewen u comb after wasing do u ave to comb out knots?

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Renae Miller
@renae-miller
14 years ago
4 posts
no my hair combs out really easy. soaringeagle said:
added u on aim (wich ive forgotten to open for monts)
hair types not always as big a fasctor as sleeping habits is and other tings like oiliness habit of runnin fingers trough oiliness
length makes alotta difference

wen u comb after wasing do u ave to comb out knots?
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
use conditioners alot?if so, start with nutragena daily clarifying to remove built up conditioner rersidues Renae Miller said:
no my hair combs out really easy.

soaringeagle said:
added u on aim (wich ive forgotten to open for monts)
hair types not always as big a fasctor as sleeping habits is and other tings like oiliness habit of runnin fingers trough oiliness
length makes alotta difference

wen u comb after wasing do u ave to comb out knots?

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Renae Miller
@renae-miller
14 years ago
4 posts
Yea iv been looking around and its been very helpful and everyone on her is so nice. Rama Varma said:
Thin hair shouldn't be a problem at all. African hair locks ups best, and that's (usually) thinner than (most) (cauc)asian hair types. It's texture that encourages locs to lock (ie. curly works better than straight, in most cases). Anyway, you should find the answer to every question you could ever want to ask, plus several you've never even thought of, on here. I've just been reading reading reading since I joined, and feel like I've learned a lot!
labmofgod
@labmofgod
14 years ago
94 posts
welcome and yea curly hair works great i wish mine was curly cause then it would probably be further along but its ok im pretty patient. how do you want to go about getting them i would recommend the natural way but some people dont have the patiense for it. and a word of the wise... stay away from dreadheadhq and wax
Renae Miller
@renae-miller
14 years ago
4 posts
Thank you. Im glad that my curls will help it. I wish my hair was thicker but hey as long as it will lock up i good with it. I thought about doing the natural way but i think im going to use the twish and rip method so fingers crossed that it works. Im going to dry out my hair a but first. normaly i would shampoo and condition my hair every day but im cutting back and im using diffrent shampoo and no conditioner. labmofgod said:
welcome and yea curly hair works great i wish mine was curly cause then it would probably be further along but its ok im pretty patient. how do you want to go about getting them i would recommend the natural way but some people dont have the patiense for it. and a word of the wise... stay away from dreadheadhq and wax
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form