Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Just another reason to wash

Baba Fats
@baba-fats
10 years ago
2,702 posts

I know most of us are great about washing. Eagle, myself (when I was around more often), and many others do our best to stress how important it is to wash your locks. And I know a bunch of you have already heard about how washing helps locks mature faster. This is 100% true. Of course the first few weeks of your locks will see them untangle. That's only natural. But don't get alarmed. Washing does create knots.

The main reason I've decided to post this is that, as some of you know, my wife and I just adopted a puppy. He was too young for a bath last week, but now he;s getting old enough, and we went to buy a him a brush. On the back label, every brush I looked at said to brush before you wash them. The reason they all gave was that water makes mats get tighter. If dog companies know this, and warn you about it, there's no reason that anyone here should be afraid to get their locks wet, often. Since mats are what we're all going for.

Obviously there's such a thing as too much washing. But 2-3 times a weeks is perfect for baby locks.

updated by @baba-fats: 01/13/15 10:03:51PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
10 years ago
29,640 posts

good point

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
interrstella
@interrstella
10 years ago
41 posts
This is great. I wish the rest of the untangled world could read this and let it sink in. I justed schooled a coworker on how necessary cleanliness is for dreading.
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form