Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Seven months into twist and rip/back comb and my hair looks like a mop head and not at all like dreads..

Zach Hersey
@zach-hersey
10 years ago
25 posts

Back combed/twist and ripped seven-eight months ago and have been just letting it be, separating and washing once or twice a week. I can feel some dreads on the sides and front, but they are almost all about the thickness of half of a pencil, or thinner with just a couple being slightly larger

The back is almost entirely not dreaded, with just super slight signs of being not perfectly straight, most likely from having to wear a tam/bandana while I work (food production).

Does not look at all like dreadlocks just look like I have messy bedhair as it has for seven months.. this seems to not be normal in comparison to all of the timelines I have looked at, where people's hair gets passed this stage at month 3 or 4

Should I be palmrolling or something? I feel like I am missing something or doing something wrong

updated by @zach-hersey: 02/14/15 02:17:40AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
10 years ago
29,640 posts

what are u washing with and how also how are u drying
post a pic

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Zach Hersey
@zach-hersey
10 years ago
25 posts

Was using bs/acv for six months or so, but switched to diluted dr.bronners the last month or two

Dry mostly by air drying, otherwise blow dry it

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
10 years ago
29,640 posts

it certainloy is trying toi dread the only thinkg i can think of is that the way you put the tam on is undoing progress u might want to try the loickin up liquid and pink sea salt

--
Zach Hersey
@zach-hersey
10 years ago
25 posts
What would locking up liquid be?And for salt would you recommend putting it on after washing and leaving it or before washing? No idea how to go about thatUnluckily I have to wear a tam or something, due to the job.. So that can't change :(Thanks SE
interrstella
@interrstella
10 years ago
41 posts
Is the tam tight? Do you think you could use a less fitted one? Seasalt soak or spray should be a 5 % ratio and its best if it's used before you shower. The salt can be just as drying to your scalp as it is to your dreads
Zach Hersey
@zach-hersey
10 years ago
25 posts
It is kinda tight but I can really do anything about that..How long so you think I should let it sit on my hair before I wash?Should I do anything to the parts not dreaded at all, or let it be?
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
10 years ago
29,640 posts

actualy 3.5% to match the salinity of the sea

www.dreadlockshampoo.com

the lockin up liquid has sea salt in it it really makes em knotty

wash the scalp then rinse thru the hair

the pink sea salt from thst site has added vitamins and proteins that make it safer to leave in longer even between washes

--
interrstella
@interrstella
10 years ago
41 posts
Oops! My bad on the percentage. I haven't used the good stuff from the dreadlockshampoo.com yet but when I've done the soaks is usually soak for 20 or 30 minutes and them rinse my hair for a minute then carry on with my hair washing routine
Zach Hersey
@zach-hersey
10 years ago
25 posts
Thanks guys, I'll order some tonightGood vibes <3
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form