Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

When to separate?

Arnell
@arnell
10 years ago
11 posts
Im new and started my freeform journey roughly two weeks ago. Im mixed, Black/White, and my hair is really curly but somewhat course as well. In the short amount of time I've been freeforming, the back and sides have basically knotted up and formed baby dreads. I know how to separate but just wanted to know if it's to early to start separating because i don't want to mess any still forming dreads up. Any advice helps. Thx
updated by @arnell: 01/13/15 10:03:41PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
10 years ago
29,640 posts

the only advice to give is when it needs it its relatively instinctual but 1st you need something to separate clumps that are knoitting up if u separate sectiuon from section that has no knottiness yet u might rip apart a would be dread

now once its tangling theres 2 clues it needs seperation

1 the section thats knotting is too b=ig idf thats the case u want to get it while its hardly knotted at qall before its really dreadin up

the other more normal clue is hairs connecting 2 knotting sections together this u can telkl by moving a dread if 2 move seperate or just feel around the roots if u feel hairs connecting dread to dread 9not flkat at thge scalp between the roots/dreads away from the scalp)

theres 1 other thing more rare

when a dreads pretty well dreading and a strand or sectiuion from too far away get pulled in wich will make a large dread too large

like i said its pretty instinctual

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Arnell
@arnell
10 years ago
11 posts
Alright, thanks for the tips SE. Highly appreciated.
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form