Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

start over?

jahka
@jahka
10 years ago
3 posts

hey guys, so about a year and a half ago i started my dreads with some freinds. most of them using the back comb method and some twist and rip. i never used waxed but i chrochete a good amount at the beggining till the 3rd 4th month. i havent done any maintenence for a long time. but for a while now its been buggin me that i ever messed with them in the first place, i love them but something dosent feel right because of that. i feel like there in kind of a lymbo state because i did that too them. and i was wondering what your guyses opinions on this kind of situation is. is starting them over, trying to comb them out a good idea? or cutting them , or just letting them be. thoughts? thanks

updated by @jahka: 01/13/15 10:03:39PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
10 years ago
29,640 posts

for dreads that were crochetted yours look better then any i ever saw but at the same time u should feel good about your dreads and if u dont then you should do what feels right

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
ZoeyRainsMom
@zoeyrainsmom
10 years ago
122 posts

I think you have beautiful dreads! I can't tell you what to do but if I were you I'd leave them alone. They look great!

Casey Fay
@casey-fay
10 years ago
90 posts

We carry ourworld in our dreads, avisualreminder of our life. Our lives are not perfect. Your dreads are beautiful, imperfections and all. Let your "mistake" just be a lesson to help you grow and teach others. In some way you are still "making" your dreads. If you tear them out, you might start imaging what you want, and start trying to get them to go that way.They healed beautifully. Let that be the guide in your life, how no matter the circumstance, you will be stronger for it.

jahka
@jahka
10 years ago
3 posts

thank you for all your buetiful words and responses, i did what i felt was right too let them grow organically on there own, so that when im older i can look at them and say this is exactly how they wanted to be.. i loved them and they were buetiful but there gone now and it feels very good to start this new journey .

Shane Northern
@shane-northern
10 years ago
59 posts

^ Whoa! Didn't see that coming...but it was kind of awesome. They looked great, but I'm happy you went for what you felt right. I can't wait to see what happens. Looking forward to it. :)

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
10 years ago
29,640 posts

wow i didnt expect it either but proud of you for taking that step if it felt the rightthing to do

look forward to your journey from here on

--
jahka
@jahka
10 years ago
3 posts

thanks guys looking forward to it as well, :) had to do what my temple (body) was telling i

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
10 years ago
29,640 posts

i understand

--
Casey Fay
@casey-fay
10 years ago
90 posts

Whoa all good!!!!!!. You soul really needed it.Blessings to you as you journey on.

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form