Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Seven months into back comb/twist and rip, not working

Zach Hersey
@zach-hersey
10 years ago
25 posts
Well it's been over seven months since I started my dreadlock journey, my girlfriend and I both started each other's hair and have been doing no maintence for the last seven months besides seperating. It doesn't seem to be working for my hair, while my girlfriends is starting to lock up and working. I have a couple dreadlocks that the middles of seem to be tightening in the front, but none are more then a centimeter or so wide, and lots of tiny (pencil lead thickness) dreads across the head. The back of my hair is entirely loose, with no signs of dreading. I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong or if it's going to go eventually, but it shows no sign of doing anything 'dread'-y. I wash it twice or so a week with diluted dr. Bronners (used to use bs acv but stopped due to fear it was messing them up. I wear a tam maybe 15 hours a week for a part time job, where the back is tucked into it. If anyone has ideas of what I could be doing wrong or if I should just continue to wait (I know SE will say wait, but I have been and very little has been happening), thanks
updated by @zach-hersey: 02/04/18 12:48:15AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
10 years ago
29,640 posts

try not ticking the back in if u can try the lockin up liquid bronners might not be working for u

otherwise it seems to be dreading just slowly and the act of tuckinmg in matbe undoing progress

how longs the hair?

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
10 years ago
29,640 posts

are u towel drying?

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Zach Hersey
@zach-hersey
10 years ago
25 posts
Air drying or blow dryingIt's about as far down my back as I can reach, almost a foot in the back, bangs go right below my chinI work with food so so I have to have it tucked inSo I should not use Bronners? I had been using bs acv until a week or two ago
Sarahface
@sarah16
10 years ago
108 posts

Check out my timeline, I had silky smooth hair until like, 11 months. lol

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form