Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Henna and dreads

Olivia5
@olivia5
10 years ago
8 posts

I've been using pure henna (from 'Henna for Hair') for years. Now that I have started the dreading process, should I go ahead with my usual henna schedule (every 4-6 weeks) or should I wait? I'm addicted to henna so waiting would be a test of m y patience. LOL. Henna does tend to knot up my hair, BUT it also has to be rinsed thoroughly.

updated by @olivia5: 01/13/15 10:03:07PM
Casey Fay
@casey-fay
10 years ago
90 posts

Iuse henna on my hair from Henna Hut. I talked to them about henna and dreads. I do not know the brand you use , but mine is mixed with water applied, then rinsed out. My directions say use cream rinse to remove dye, but I found it not necessary. I touch up my roots around 3-4 weeks and have, since I started my dreads 4 months ago. Henna Hut did say as dreads mature it would take more to rinse it out, but I am prepared for that. Since I dyed my hair before dreads, I will never have to dye my dreads entirely, just the roots. What color are your dreads and what process do you use when you color?How many steps do you have to do to mix it with anything?

Kharey Huston
@kharey-huston
10 years ago
18 posts
I've died my dreads from day one
Olivia5
@olivia5
10 years ago
8 posts

It's pure Henna. I mix with water and a little lemon juice. And yes, I can do just the roots, BUT it tends to get messy and quite a bit of rinsing is still required. I guess I'm worried the rinsing with rinse out the dreads too...

Casey Fay
@casey-fay
10 years ago
90 posts

None of my babies rinsed out, I just cut back to washing twice a week instead of three. Henna is so healthy for your hair, I was afraid it would impede the journey, but so far so good. Love my red dreads!!!!

Olivia5
@olivia5
10 years ago
8 posts

Awesomeness. Thanks for letting me know. I love henna on my chestnut hair. It just looks sooooo nice.

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form