Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Help! Salon dreads

Alyssa Sullivan
@alyssa-sullivan
10 years ago
3 posts
Ahhhh! So I just found this site and read dreaducation and now I'm concerned and looking for advice. I had my dreads back combed at a salon and he used so much wax and told me just to roll them to keep them tight. From what I've read that is all wrong. What do you recommend now at day 2? Just leave them alone or what? He had also put rubberbands at the start of each one and dreaducation says that isn't really right either so I've started popping them all off. It seems beads might help? I was wanting to put them in anyway. I'm just hoping some one could tell me what to do to get the best outcome for these dreads that have apparently had a rough start. :/
updated by @alyssa-sullivan: 01/13/15 10:03:05PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
10 years ago
29,640 posts

well the wax and bandfs must come out id also demand a refund since by now anyone whos not aware how bad wax is shouldnt be alowed to touch dreads

so you got 12 choices

comb them out and dewax and start over natyral tnr or backcomb (id recomend not backcombingagain tho)

or get wax b gone and use it several yimes..actualy many times a few till u think your wax free then several more just to be safe

wax b gone is pretty effective so u are probably safe goinmg either way but in general if under a month in we recomend starting over tho only 1/2 do start over..its ypoir choice

but as long as the banmds and wax come out you'll be fuine

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Alyssa Sullivan
@alyssa-sullivan
10 years ago
3 posts
I totally trusted this guy because he has dreads! I really don't want to start over because I've already done them before and had to comb them out with in a week. Which is part of the reason I had someone else do it. My own laziness. Well where can I find wax b gone?
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
10 years ago
29,640 posts

www.dreadlockshampoo.com

laziness is the best way to dread..just do nothing and let the dreads happen

--
Alyssa Sullivan
@alyssa-sullivan
10 years ago
3 posts
Thank you so much for your help! I purchased the wax b gone.
interrstella
@interrstella
10 years ago
41 posts
Btw I don't recommend putting beads on your waxy dreads. Get all the gunk out first, you don't need to worry about having something on each individual dread to keep them separated you can do that as needed (as in feeling around on your head and manually separating them after a shower)
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
10 years ago
29,640 posts

yea, hold off on the beads till the wax is all gone, then just add as decorations

--
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form