Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Wrapping/binding dreads

Melanie2
@melanie2
14 years ago
99 posts

I can see that wrapping or binding dreads in thread is an attractive way to decorate dreads and could be a way for me to hold a dread together that has joined most of the way down it's length but not all the way.

What I'd like to know is, is binding bad for dreads...will moisture get trapped underneath the bound threads? More importantly how is it done? I've seen people have loose hair bound up (in very decorative ways) at stalls in the street but it was a long time ago and I did'nt notice how they did it.

updated by @melanie2: 02/14/15 09:42:54AM
Melanie2
@melanie2
14 years ago
99 posts
Thanks for the link Lonnie...sorry, I did'nt know there was already a thread on the same subject. : )
Lonnie Berg
@lonnie-berg
14 years ago
219 posts
That's ok Sweetie, we've got so many threads and links on here it's hard to keep up with em.If ya do some wraps, post some pics, I Love your hair and You, not in that order tho LOL Melanie Clark said:
Thanks for the link Lonnie...sorry, I did'nt know there was already a thread on the same subject. : )
Melanie2
@melanie2
14 years ago
99 posts
If I manage to do any successfully, I WILL post pics, don't worry. : ) xx
Buffalo Rogers
@buffalo-rogers
14 years ago
46 posts
I used dental floss, ha ha haembroidery floss works just as well, same with tons of other things! I just use dental cause it doesn't get destroyed too easily with my hairNah not bad for them at all, just make sure they're dried all the way b'fore you go to bed, always worked with me. A good way that ive figured out is sticking your head out the window when someone else's driving.... ha ha ha, probly looks funny to people walkin out there, but it works, and honestly it's kinda fun ha ha ha :)Make SURE you post pics!
Melanie2
@melanie2
14 years ago
99 posts
My first attempt was with polyester embroidery floss, some of which came undone when I was asleep... Photobucket so I got some nice coloured (and variegated) cotton embroidery floss because I thought it might 'breath' better. Photobucket I hope you used unwaxed dental floss!! :D
Lonnie Berg
@lonnie-berg
14 years ago
219 posts
Love em!!!!!!!!! Love You Too!!!!!!!!!! Melanie Clark said:
My first attempt was with polyester embroidery floss, some of which came undone when I was asleep...

Photobucket

so I got some nice coloured (and variegated) cotton embroidery floss because I thought it might 'breath' better.

Photobucket

I hope you used unwaxed dental floss!! :D
Melanie2
@melanie2
14 years ago
99 posts
You old charmer, you :D
Lonnie Berg
@lonnie-berg
14 years ago
219 posts
OLD!!!!! Melanie Clark said: